Shaman 3.1 changes

Started by Nasanna, February 05, 2009, 06:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nasanna

They've announced a few shaman changes so far:

[blizzard]
-Chain Lightning – now jumps to 4 targets but does less damage. We wanted to make the distinction between Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning more clear.
-Storm, Earth and Fire – this talent now increases all damage done by Flame Shock, not just periodic damage.
-Spirit Weapons – now reduces all threat, not just melee threat.
-Unleashed Rage – reduced to 2 ranks, now also increases your critical strike chance with melee attacks by 1/2%.
-Totem streamlining: The Mana Spring and Healing Stream Totems have been combined. The Disease Cleansing and Poison Cleansing Totems have been combined.
-We are also working on giving Enhancement and Elemental more PvP utility.[/blizzard]

I say yay to the totem combining, that is awesome! Now I'll get even more invites for Old Kingdom and Azjol Nerub. And I'll probably want to get [item]Glyph of Healing Stream Totem[/item].
Chain lighting...eh... there aren't usually 4 enemies to hit. It sounds like they're trying to get elemental shamans to take it out of their rotations on single mob fights.
The rest look good to me... and changing unleashed rage to two ranks means we'll all get a free respec :D