<Wizards Council> at its best...

Started by Shadowwolf, February 08, 2009, 12:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dharq

The guild is Semper Paratus. The GM is Shamshocked.

My only experience with their guild was some ass lv80 priest that trained a buncha mobs on my pally and snagged my wolvar pups when I was doing the kidnapping quest in dragonblight one day. Needless to say, I'm not impressed w/ what I've seen so far.

Air

Guild is <Semper Paratus>
GM is Shamshocked

From what I've seen the entire guild are a bunch of egotistical pricks who think clearing naxx 25 is a big deal.  I've seen him trying to pug Sartharion with 2 drakes for the past week and a half or so.

As a tank, It's my job decide how much my healer can handle healing wise.  I generally will go slow and get little crazier as we move in.  I'll reel it in if people start dieing though.  A good tank work's with there healer, not against them.

Tanking naxx 25 isn't a huge accomplishment.  I did it on our first raid there with heroic and naxx 10 gear and completed all 4 wings except thaddius.  Big deal.  He need's to really get over himself, and realize he's no unique snow flake.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Air

Btw, his tank spec is stupid.  This is gonna be a long list it seems.

-He doesn't have scourge strike and no annihilation.  So I have no idea what he is using for FU runes.  Death Strike? lulz
-He has Blood-Caked Blade, which is VERY bad for tanking since it can cause boss parry hasting.
-He has Unholy Command. If he's going to waste 2 points, put em in virulence at least.
-He has Corpse Explosion, which is a dps talent and crap at best.  Mostly used as a joke to explode anyone that dies during a fight.
-He has Gargoyle which is a dps talent, not for tank's.
-No Dirge, so his rp generation will suck.
-He has Master of Ghouls, which is a dps talent, not for tanking.  Tanks should not be using a ghoul or rely on one at all.
-No Magic Suppression, which is partly why people go unholy for in the first place.
-He has Desecration, which is dps talent.  Most tank's skip it since it's a waste of 5 points.
-He has 3 point's in Wandering Plague.  Most unholy tank's put 1 point there to get access to Rage of Rivendare, and Unholy Blight. That's it.
-No Bladed Armor, which is something most unholy tank's get for extra threat.
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Shadowwolf

If he made an alt to harass her after she put him on ignore, she should report him. Thats an instant qualification for a ban and if its not his first offense, which gathering by his attitude problem it isnt, then he can be banned outright.

The guy is a real jackass and has guild hopped a lot so he apparently is another one of these realm known idiots or on his way of becoming one quickly.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

LastDyingBreath

Quote from: Airplay on March 29, 2009, 10:20:29 AM

-He has Blood-Caked Blade, which is VERY bad for tanking since it can cause boss parry hasting.

parry haste is not something to worry about.  The term applied solely to warrior tanking pre-WotLK, where crushing blows still existed.  Warriors' shield block (+75% block chance) lasted for a set number of blocks (forget what it was), and the concern was that a parry hasted boss would hit too many times and use up the shield block charges before the cooldown was up, thus opening the warrior to crushing blows.  Druid tanks soaked the crushings.  Pally tanks have an 8-charge shield block skill.  Now that crushings are out of the game you only increase incoming damage a little bit from a boss parry.

Air

Currently there's no woltk boss that has parry hasting enabled which was confirmed by blizz.  Which may end up changing for ulduar.  The issue is that incoming damage for dk's is already pretty spikey.  Getting Blood-caked Blade will only make it worse, which was my main point.  That this dk is an idiot.

There were a few bosses that could chew through the charges of a pally's holy shield.  I believe Morogrim Tidewalker was one of em.

Shadowwolf

On Morogrim in SSC, of all our tries, having a druid tank him was loads easier on the healing. Anytime Khader or one of our Pally tanks did it he would just destroy them because hit hit waaaay too fast and hard. Its not to say it wasnt possible, we downed him many times with Khader tanking him, just for healing load, it was a lot higher stress then when we had Arc, Fi or Tol tanking him.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess