What a warm welcome

Started by Tony, February 08, 2009, 07:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Today was my first day in Twilight, and I have to say that it was my best 'WoW" day ever. Being taken under the wing of some of the best players on our server is not something that happens every day. As soon as I got the email that I was able to sign up for raids, I went to the forums and signed up for the 10 man OS. I have done OS 25 before, but this was an entirely different experience than a pug.

I don't think that I have ever been that nervous. I get up and play in a band in front of hundreds of people all the time, and I don't get nervous. I made sure that I had all of my potions, food, bandages and whatnot, and made sure that I was 15 minutes early. Of course Zylax had to best me at a duel before we started to make sure I knew who was in control (he does that to me from time to time to remind me who the General is), and sooner than I could think we were zoning in and buffing up.

The instructions were clear and precise, and before I knew it I was back into the comfort of my death knight. I could feel the preciseness and professionalism all around me. Never have I been in a group where everyone knew exactly their part. One of my kids asked me who I was with, and I said "These are the elites. Here.... I am the noob"

After a few kills, we pulled an extra mob, OT picked it up, and we downed 6 at once. I would randomly glance down at my health meter, and notice that it was always at 100%. You have to understand, in a normal environment for me, that kind of situation means that I pop all my CD's, Army of Dead, and fight till I die. Nope! 6 down, on to the next boss, like it was supposed to happen that way

Before we downed the last boss, it was asked if we could sacrifice the tank in the lava. It was decided that if we one shot the boss, we can do it. We did. It was awesome. Everyone doing their part, knowing their class (and every other class for that matter), and knowing exactly what to do.

I'm sure some of you are used to this kind of thing, but I'm not. This today is my shout out to Twilight.

I am proud to have the "Show My Name" check, checked....

TheGeneral451

What?? Pulling extra mobs is not the right thing to do?  Or aggro'n a boss before the tank? If these things are wrong i never want to be right!  U will get into the swing of things real fast! Welcome to Twilight!

Drygioni

Nasanna

Welcome to the guild! It's great to have courteous members who are prepared for raids with us and good to know you're enjoying your time here already :)

Lynette

Very happy to have you in the raid tonight and part of our guild.  

Darkstar

Yep, and you'll get used to my occasional Whoops! wasnt me!  :laugh:

Glad to have ya here

Julliette

Glad to have you as a fellow guildie!  :Solid Chest:

Kothnok

Welcome Adira, thanks for all the kind words!  Enjoy!  :Fosters_Pack:
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

fiere redfern

Glad to have you aboard, man =) Welcome to Twilight!

Fleecy

Welcome to Twìlíght, we're happy to have you!   :D

It is a great feeling to have the direction and leadership we have in our guild & raids, it's what makes us work so well hehe

Gutboy

...and don't worry, not everyone here is as leet as the folks on your raid.  ;)

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Tolwen

wait...you let Zy beat you in a duel?..... :laugh:
Welcome to Twilight and looking forward to raiding with you! :Fosters_Pack:

Arcdelad

as a DK all you need to do is think "what would avaira do?" - then do the opposite!

welcome on board man!

post one of your band's MP3's too when you get a sec =)

Jarekai

Dry stole my thunder!

Seriously though, welcome aboard!

Tony

Quote from: Arcdelad on February 09, 2009, 05:48:04 AM
as a DK all you need to do is think "what would avaira do?" - then do the opposite!

welcome on board man!

post one of your band's MP3's too when you get a sec =)

Unfortunately we dont have any MP3's as we are a cover band. We mostly play bars and such. We have only been together for a few months, but I will try and post some of my old music on my myspace page. We should have some originals here shortly. I'll let you know when.