Malygos Phase 2

Started by Lynette, February 18, 2009, 08:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynette

For Phase 2, dps will be split between Lords and Scions.  2 tanks will grab lords as soon as they spawn, with each tank having a dedicated healer. 

Since there is a known bug with bubbles not applying the protection buff, the raid will only move to every other bubble.  This will give ranged more time to dps & expose raiders less to breath & scions.  Also, raiders are advised to NOT jump into the bubble.  And any person who is battle rezzed during phase 2 will not get the protection buff applied quickly, so they need to be spam healed for a couple of tics.

Lords
- Tanks pickup lords as fast as possible (2 lords per tank), with one tank assigned to mark the meelee kill target (X)
- Once tanks have aggro on all lords, all meelee kill X
- Tanks move the lords around if possible so meelee can get underneath the bubbles - especially right before a breath
- Assigned tank marks the next meelee kill target (X) when previous one dies

- As disks become free, meelee hops onto them and attacks the Scion marked for death (Skull)

Scions
- Assign 1 range dps to mark 1 scion as the range kill target (Skull), starting with scion furthest to the left
- All range dps kill Skull
- As scions move out of range, switch the range kill target to a scion that is closer (again, furthest to your left)
- Assigned ranged dps marks the next range kill target (Skull) when previous one dies

Tony

Looking at the line up for tonight, we have 4-5 ranged DPS and 11-12 melee. I really think that we should have a disc order to get our top dps up in the air asap. If I am up there for instance; before the top 4 melee, we are not optimizing our dps. JonhnieRat would be first of course, Haderach second, Artrubian third, and so on according to our last WWS Report. The sooner we get them in the air, the sooner we can start killing the scions. The faster we can kill a scion, the faster the next person can get up there.

Lynette

Quote from: Diseous on February 18, 2009, 08:39:51 AM
Looking at the line up for tonight, we have 4-5 ranged DPS and 11-12 melee. I really think that we should have a disc order to get our top dps up in the air asap. If I am up there for instance; before the top 4 melee, we are not optimizing our dps. JonhnieRat would be first of course, Haderach second, Artrubian third, and so on according to our last WWS Report. The sooner we get them in the air, the sooner we can start killing the scions. The faster we can kill a scion, the faster the next person can get up there.

While I generally think having a disk order makes sense, it may be hard to coordinate.  If meelee die or are out of position, then prescious time is wasted while others try and think about whose turn is next.  Perhaps folks should just pass on a disk if they see a meelee with higher dps in position to grab it. 

Grendeel

Scions are an issue for ranged dpsing.   There are often times when they arent in range for us and we end up standing around doing nothing.  I was out of range so much our first night in there, i  specd for the grim reach talent so i had more range on my spells.  This helped a bit but was still standing around a fair bit on the second night.  Because of this, im not sure its best to skip moving to every other bubble on phase 2.   I think range should stay,  or move, so that they are able to dps as much as possilbe.

Ranged should be dpsing the scions right from the start, when possible (melee dps is not near as potent on them because of the movement factor).   Allow the melee to maximize their dps by attacking the lords.  At the same time the ranged can maximize there dps on the scions (also dps the lords when scions arent in range). 

Scions dont appear to aggro on ranged when we attack,  lords on the other hand can.    So for lords,  please make sure a tank has aggro and is building aggro on the lord you are attacking......otherwise you will be dead fast.