Author Topic: Application FAQ  (Read 1653 times)

Offline un4

• RIP Vanish
  • Retired Member
  • Something wicked this way comes.
    • Awards
Application FAQ
« on: April 09, 2009, 11:23:58 AM »
Reminder, please read the Twilight Guild FAQ, "Who We Are," the Twilight Guild Charter, and our Loot Rules & Guidelines on our homepage before submitting your application.  The stickies in this forum (Recruitment) are also important reads.

How long will it take to process my application?

Anywhere from a few days (minimum of three) to a month if we have an opening.  Please be patient, or if this is too long a wait for you, contact me about removing your application.  Votes tend to take place at the end of the month.

What do you actually mean by "processing applications?"

As a guild with strong traditions, we like input from all our members.  When we process an application, we open it to a vote for all within the guild who are of Member or higher status.  There are two options: "Yes, accept this person" and "No, do not accept this person" and votes close after two days.

What will help my application get approved?

Bribes.  We take all major credit cards.  Please contact me for my the guild's PayPal account.  Kidding aside, there is no set formula.  Be yourself, get to know some of our members, and be patient.

I see a spot for "reference member" on the application template.  What's that mean?

A reference member is a member already within our guild (not one of your current or former guildmates) who you know and have talked to about sponsoring you.  This does not mean automatic approval of your application.  Do not put the name of a random member down: we will talk to your reference and confirm that they have agreed to sponsor you.

How will I know if my application gets approved or rejected?

If it is approved, you will be contacted in-game by a Veteran or Officer of the guild, informed of the approval, and asked if you still wish to join our guild.
If your application is rejected, you will receive an in-game letter and an email (using the address you used to register here) informing you of your rejection.  If you have questions or comments, contact me via private message on this site.

My application got rejected... now what?

Unless you have been told otherwise, you are free to apply at a later date.  We strongly recommend getting to know more members and waiting a while before reapplying.  If you do not wish to apply again, we wish you the best of luck.

I've been invited!  What happens next?

After you have received your guild invitation, you become one of us on a probationary level (Initiate).  Further information about this can be found in the Twilight Guild Charter.

What if I want to leave the guild after a while?  Can I come back later?

Members who leave the guild either forcefully or voluntarily will not be welcome back later automatically. Each departed member will need to reapply should they want to request membership again provided the original departure was not a kick or ban from the guild. Should a member leave on good terms, for instance to help a friends guild for a short time, a re-invite will be considered on a case-by-case basis based on a guild vote.

Any member found being disruptive or causing problems in the guild can be removed at any time. Members may be afforded one warning to correct their behavior before they are removed.

Twilight!  I read the book and saw the movie!  It's so awesome you guys made a guild about this!

Uhhh.... no.  We've been around since before anyone had heard of the book.

If you have further questions, please PM one of the Officers on the forum or in game.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 01:35:54 AM by Shadowwolf »
un4