Show us your UI!

Started by Shadowwolf, June 17, 2006, 08:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dargeria

omg...  he is such a junkie!!  That is so the truth.  I swear he puts 48 hours into formatting his UI every week! :P

"Look I know you're new here and all...  but...  back up seems like a pretty universal term..."

Hugh

yea yea i know my stuff is way to confusing

Docsamson

Just overhauled it :)

Vengeance

Cant wait to see doc pain suppressing himself while drinking.  ;)

JohnnieRat

My new fancy UI!

TheGeneral451

best part of that UI is that it has me second on DPS for loatheb!

Tony

Quote from: TheGeneral451 on July 27, 2009, 07:52:48 PM
best part of that UI is that it has me second on DPS for loatheb!

Cause you got of one SS and died :-O

TheGeneral451

actually as hunter my proclivity for dying has dropped dramatically

Tony

Quote from: TheGeneral451 on July 28, 2009, 06:34:21 AM
actually as hunter my proclivity for dying has dropped dramatically

FD does have advantages!

Raif

<---jealous

Ive been using the stock wow ui, with a tool bar added here and there. but some of these look SO clean

I downloaded the package Tony recommended, but other then using what someone else likes, wheres a good place to start to get my own up and going?

<EDIT>
Scrap that, got rid of it, too much stuff in there that i dont think i want.

Im starting with bartender, suggestions on where to go next?

Emmalina

I think an action bar mod is the most crucial change, I can't stand the default organization, so Bartender is a good start.

For general cleanliness I like a few things:

Prat - It's got a ton of features for customizing the chat box exactly the way you want it, essentially makes the chat box usable.

Some sort of unit frame mod, whether its ag_Unitframes or Xperl or whatever, will help you clean up a lot of wasted space. Take a look at some screenshots of the different unit frame modes and see which style appeals to you the most, just keep in mind that generally you can organize them however you'd like on your screen. I use ag_Unitframes.

I also like Titan Panel, or FuBar, for consolidating information like money, bag space, location, framerate & latency, and both of these have functionality with a lot of other popular mods to provide info on a small top and/or bottom bar.

Some people are minimalists and want as little clutter on their screen as possible, I tend to have way too much happening on my screen in terms of mods and info. Getting started with a unit frame mod will give you a better idea of exactly what you want in the end.

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Tony

I've actually been using LUI for quite a while and love it.

Sakuramoon

updated since hope u all like it :)

Shadowwolf

Updated version of mine + video of it in action. Background music is actually my itunes during the run, heh. Did the video both for people to see some of the addons actually work and to improve my skills with Premiere Pro =)

No video? Get the DivX Web Player for Windows or Mac
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Apolla

Shadow what is that addon that shows HoT timers?  It looks wonderful and I would love to know where to steal it from =D

*I am not concerned with the details.*