Show us your UI!

Started by Shadowwolf, June 17, 2006, 08:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleecy

dude if you watch the video she posted too, it tells you the names of the add-ons  :laugh: 

---> ForteXorcist

Apolla

The video wasn't available on my browser, so I couldn't hear/see any of the UI in action so to speak.

*I am not concerned with the details.*

Shadowwolf

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/fortexorcist/

Video needs DivX web player, just added the links under it now. Love DivX, 600MB file down to 47MB, hehe
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Raif

Quote from: Apolla on September 12, 2009, 05:17:26 PM
The video wasn't available on my browser, so I couldn't hear/see any of the UI in action so to speak.

DEivx player not available on the newest version of Firefox

Shadowwolf

im using 3.5.3 and its working fine for me

might need to download full DivX for it

http://www.divx.com/en/products/software/windows/divx
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Fleecy

I went to the Firefox main site, searched add-ons and located one that works with this version   :)

Shadowwolf

Tony

@ Shadow - I see that you just installed Grid, and I am almost positive that you also keybind. This might be a bit of an adjustment for you, but if I can so humbly suggest that by adding Clique to Grid, you actually eliminate a sequence that takes 2 steps and combine it into one.

Currently - You click on the raid frame, and then press a key. Correct?

Grid + Clique - You left click, right click, for your main healing spells (for me it's LHW left click, Riptide right click) and then have modifiers for your other spells.

I'm not going to pretend I know how to heal using a druid, but I do know that using those particular addons, it cut my reaction time literally in half. Grid also allows you to have small icons to show you who is effected by your HOTS. I know that was huge for me. It also allows you to keep your target targeted. If you have your main tank as your target, you "clique" on grid without changing targets. I'm sure you already know this, but I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't.

Kothnok

> Currently - You click on the raid frame, and then press a key. Correct?

No.  I use ag_unitframes as well and it works just like Grid.  Mouse hover over the person and click the button to cast your heal on that person without changing your target.  I use it all the time when I'm healing a specific raid member.  This way I can always cast my healing spells using the hotkeys on them and I can spot heal others with ease using the mouse.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Oilslick

Quote from: Apolla on September 12, 2009, 08:20:25 AM
Shadow what is that addon that shows HoT timers?  It looks wonderful and I would love to know where to steal it from =D

Not sure about Shadow's, but you can setup Grid to show hottimers in the different areas of the frames (like a number in each corner of the unitframe - one hot per corner), and even set up the timers colors to represent the number of blooms you have stacked.  Grid's ridiculously customizable, but comes pretty plain jane straight outa the box - so most people pass it up b/c it isn't as shiny as what they're used to when first installed.  Don't want hottimers...then buffs maybe...or setup debuffs to completely color frames and link it to a hotkey that's mouseover controlled and completely do away with decursive's frames if you wanted to.

Add to that how unbelievably lightweight it is and you have yourself a major winning addon imo.

Shadowwolf

Im not a fan of Grid's HoT time display. Its simplistic yes, and for some that might be nice, but I like to see timers on things so I can better plan my casts, the best I could get Grid to do is show color dots or colorize the border of someone when the HoT is up which is a little too basic for me.

Oilslick

You can get it to show numbers...i'll try and see if i can find a tut on setting it up to do that.

Sakuramoon

did alot of work and lucky i finished before server shutdown hope you all like it because i sure as hell in luv with it  :lovesick:

dharq

Ok, to answer some questions about Pitbull, here's the current layout I have in my UI... This is displaying a 25-person raid, but the grid expands and collapses so it looks the same for 5-man or 25-man raiding.. it just adds columns.

In 40-man raids, I have to hide Skada to make room for everyone, but I don't do much 40-man raiding... so it's all good.

901blazebunny

thanks! yeah..i'm intrigued..might have to look into that :P

oh and i already know who to direct my related millions of future questions about it too..
Not all those who wander are lost.