Spark stacking strategies

Started by Lynette, February 17, 2009, 12:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynette

It appears that since patch 3.08, stacking more than 3 sparks is no longer possible.  Therefore, let's focus our efforts on always getting the first 2 sparks to stack, then maintaining the 2-stack buff throughout Phase 1. 

As no sparks will enter the fight until after the first Vortex, folks assigned to sparks can dps to their heart's content.  After the first vortex, sparks will begin coming into play.  Sparks will be announced from the direction they are coming (N S E or W) by 1 member of the raid team.  MT should move the dragon away from the spark and 2 DKs will begin alternating their Death Grip to move the spark into the center of the platform where dps is located.  Wowikki suggests the following macro:

/cleartarget
/clearfocus
/tar Power Spark
/focus
/stopmacro [target=focus, noexists]
/cast [target=focus] Death Grip

As soon as the spark is moved, an assigned druid will root the spark in place.  Assigned dps should then kill the spark in the center of the platform.

A similar macro can be used by druids to ensure no down time during Phase 1 while rooting...

/cleartarget
/clearfocus
/tar Power Spark
/focus
/stopmacro [target=focus, noexists]
/cast [target=focus] Entangling Roots

Haderach

for a dps increase also for P1 i think we should save and use our CD's after the first vortex while the sparks are being stacked, getting that first 50% down in a timely manner i think is one of the biggest parts of beating malys enrage timer so when we get to P2 and onward, theres some leeway if so needed

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

Lynette

Quote from: Haderach on February 17, 2009, 01:53:36 PM
for a dps increase also for P1 i think we should save and use our CD's after the first vortex while the sparks are being stacked, getting that first 50% down in a timely manner i think is one of the biggest parts of beating malys enrage timer so when we get to P2 and onward, theres some leeway if so needed

That is a great point.  Ideally, everyone should blow their CDs b/w the 1st and 2nd vortex as soon as the 2nd spark is stacked.