Want suggestions to level-up a druid...fairly quickly

Started by Lynette, December 30, 2006, 02:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynette

I have a lvl 13 NE druid that I'd like to level-up fairly quickly for the sole purpose of being a stealth healer for my main, Lynette (60 rogue atm).  The idea of being able to 2-box a druid and rogue to named mobs (for questing/farming) is intriguing to me and something I would like to be able to do.  Obviously, these toons are on separate accounts.

I have levelled 2 other alts to 40-ish recently, so will most likely run the same quest chains and grinding spots I am familiar with (mostly SW-based zones).  I will not group him until he is 55+, and will then respec.

So far, I have struggled a bit playing a druid (kills take too long) and need some suggestions from the many druid experts within the guild. 

How should I spec in order to quickly kill mobs?  What types of stats do I want for my equip?  Should I use bear form?  Any other druid tips & tricks that might help?

Thanks in advance!

Vengeance

feral is probly the best and fastest way to lvl, specially with the speed bonus you get to do traveling quests easier. balance is a bit like a mage, always running out of mana faaast. resto-easiest way to find some groups but i found in the high 50s it was hard to farm some elites here and there, for instance, in the burning steps, quest to kill some dragonkin. i was all intel and +healing, and i had problems killing 54 elite dragonkin so much i gave up eventually :S
andyways...who likes healing?!?!

dharq

For leveling a druid quickly you definitely need to be feral--anything else just has too much downtime.

Until 20, you'll probably get the fastest leveling out of bear form. Kill one or two mobs at a time, switch out to toss a heal when you need it, switch back to bear, rinse, repeat... Don't stop to drink unless you don't have enough mana to switch back to bear. You should be able to find a pace where you can fight as a bear, switch out to heal, switch back to bear and repeat as necessary with just the bonus mana regen from bear form. (You regain mana at somewhere around your normal resting rate while in forms.)

After 20, leveling up will be much like what you would do with a rogue--except you don't have all the tools. If you get to many on a pull, bear up and outlast 'em or cheetah and run away. Unlike a rogue though, you want mainly strength gear until you get somewhere between 800-900 attack power in cat form. That will maximize your damage.

Kills take a long time until cat form. After that though, it's a breeze to level.

Tassie

I find cat is faster for leveling then bear spec.  I'm envious you have decent forms to level with.  When I leveled, feral  was so weak. I finally gave up and leveled resto :p  I'm looking forward to leveling in cat from 60-70 tho !!! yay

dharq

In all honesty, grinding on low armor targets with improved leader of the pack and a [wowitem]Darkmoon Card: Heroism[/wowitem] is just heavenly.. A 200 pt heal every 6 seconds doesn't sound like much, but when combined with that trinket it leads to almost complete healing each fight. It's only against the heavy armor/heavy hitter combos that it really doesn't help out much.

suslik

Don't know about how to help you levelings, but once you get your druid and rogue both to 60, and want to 2 box. You can try to kill the Lord Incendius in BRD. for quick cash. He can be stealthed to very easly and has a chance to drop ace of elementals. Doing this stealth run you can probley make around  25 to 100 gold a hour.