Helpful Macro's to use with Idols...

Started by Shadowwolf, August 14, 2007, 11:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Some of you may not know, but you can swap idols in combat as a druid and there is no cooldown on the time it takes to be effective. I wrote up a few basic macro's for anyone with these idols so you can make buttons to replace the standard spell/ability buttons on your hotbar. I dont have all of these idols yet, but Im making the macro's for them so you can basically just copy/paste into the game if you dont know anything about macros. You just need to make sure these idols are in your bags somewhere if you plan to put them to use.

Healing:

For: [wowitem]Idol of the Emerald Queen[/wowitem]
#ShowToolTip Lifebloom(Rank 1)
/equip Idol of the Emerald Queen
/cast Lifebloom(Rank 1)

For this, I cant verify if this would work since I dont yet have this idol, but if you had [wowitem]Vengeful Gladiator's Idol of Tenacity[/wowitem], id imagine you could try the following macro:
#ShowToolTip Lifebloom(Rank 1)
/equip Idol of the Emerald Queen
/cast Lifebloom(Rank 1)
/equip Idol of Perseverence [color=green](or: Idol of Tenacity)[/color]

For: [wowitem]Harold's Rejuvenating Broach[/wowitem] or [wowitem]Idol of Rejuvenation[/wowitem]
#ShowToolTip Rejuvenation(Rank 13)
/equip Harold's Rejuvenating Broach [color=green](or: Idol of Rejuvenation)[/color]
/cast Rejuvenation(Rank 13)

For: [wowitem]Idol of the Avian Heart[/wowitem]

#ShowToolTip Healing Touch(Rank 13)
/equip Idol of the Avian Heart
/cast Healing Touch(Rank 13)

If you have multiple button maps for different ranks of this spell, you can use a separate macro for each rank, just change the rank number to the one you want for each. The other option is the below macro which works as follows:
#ShowToolTip Healing Touch(Rank 13)
/equip Idol of the Avian Heart
/cast [modifier:ctrl] Healing Touch(Rank 7); [button:2] Healing Touch(Rank 10); Healing Touch(Rank 13)

holding the "Ctrl" key while clicking will cast HT rank 7, right clicking the mouse on the button will cast HT rank 10 and a normal click will cast HT rank 13

Casting:

For: [wowitem]Ivory Idol of the Moongoddess[/wowitem]
#ShowToolTip Starfire(Rank 8)
/equip Ivory Idol of the Moongoddess
/cast Starfire(Rank 8)

For: [wowitem]Idol of the Moon[/wowitem]
#ShowToolTip Moonfire(Rank 12)
/equip Idol of the Moon
/cast Moonfire(Rank 12)

For: [wowitem]Idol of the Avenger[/wowitem]
#ShowToolTip Wrath(Rank 10)
/equip Idol of the Avenger
/cast Wrath(Rank 10)

The feral ones are a bit tricky and I will compile a list of those shortly. I need to hash out the mechanics of some as for some idols, its better to have them equipped constantly plus some idols for feral work in cat and bear form abilities, so there would involve a lot of swapping and more complex macros needed to be able to tell the game what to cast when.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Arcdelad

Missed one shadow...

/destroy[neverwatched:American Idol]
/watch[instead:HBO]

Vengeance

QuoteMissed one shadow...

/destroy[neverwatched:American Idol]
/watch[instead:HBO]

l2count

Arcdelad

thats one macro...one line doesnt = one macro....

Kothnok

Thanks a ton Shadow, those work quite well. :)

EDIT: ... worked well until I entered combat in raid.  I'd have to try to use that macro 3 times before it would work, otherwise it would give me "Spell not ready".  Dunno what's causing the delay, yet. =/
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

Yea, theres a Global Cooldown on swapping idols in combat apparently and its 1 sec long. Means that if you mash buttons it wont work. I found the way around this is to hit it 2 times, once to make the swap take a breath and then again to cast. Theres little that can be done to avoid this as Blizz made it so you cant put a pause in a macro and they instituted the cooldown to help players with a slower reaction time. =P
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Kothnok

I kind of expected my insta-cast healing to ... well... cast instantly.  Standard practice for me is to cast the quick, weak heal so that it could buy me enough time to cast my big, slow heal.  Putting a 2 second forced delay into that mix while swapping 2 idols without understanding why (I had practiced while we were gathering outside, but not in combat) was most frustrating.  Again, thanks for the heads up.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Twist

You can swap mid cast.  What I do is if I plan to use a healing wave, then a chain heal, I have different totems matched to the slots, I'll Healing wave, then midcast I will hit chain healing, causing the GCD to happen while I am casting instead of after I am done.  With your hots this will be more frustrating but you can use it with regrowth or healing touch.  Just thought I'd share =P