Feral druid CAT changes 3.1 - NERFED TO THE GROUND AMGAMGAMG!?!?!?

Started by Arcdelad, February 25, 2009, 11:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

....just kidding....feral druids get buffed almost every single patch lol...i cant rememebr when weve effectively been nerfed...hehehe

anyway =)

[blizzard]Savage Roar changed to increase physical damage done by 30%. (Previously increased attack power by 40%)[/blizzard]

Math:

Assuming 9000 AP full raid buff (without SR)
Mangle +30%
Savage Fury + 20%

Formula:
Rake the target for ((AP / 100 + 190)x Mangle x Savage Fury) bleed damage and an additional ((1161 + AP * 0.18)x Mangle x Savage Fury) damage over 9 sec.  Awards 1 combo point.

Current
90000 ap x Savage roar = 12600

IDD = ((12600/100 + 190) x 1.3 x 1.2) = 493
Dot = ((1161 + 12600* 0.18) x 1.3 x 1.2) = 5349

New

IDD = ((9000/100 + 190) x 1.3 x 1.2) x 1.3 = 568
Dot = ((1161 + 9000 * 0.18) x 1.3 x 1.2) x 1.3  = 5640

Translation: we get a small damage buff on all attacks - along the lines of 2-4%.

[blizzard]*New Talent* Primal Gore, Tier 10, 1 point talent - Grants the periodic damage from your Rake, Lacerate and Rip abilities the ability to critically hit.[/blizzard]

Considering a DECENTLY equipped cat crits 44-48% and someone equipped like tol or myself is at or OVER 50% crit, this means all of our BLEEDS, which are increasingly becoming more and more vital to feral cat dps, do A CRAP TON MORE DAMAGE.

How much?

A conservative calc is about an extra 1,000 DPS Oh....and bleeds ignore armor =)

[blizzard]Faerie Fire now decreases armor by 5%. (Previously decreased armor by a set amount)[/blizzard]

This spell now scales very very well and is quite effective = more damage done for the cat and all raid physical dps.

[blizzard]Maim now stuns the target instead of incapacitate.[/blizzard]

OH NOES!!!! I TOLDS YOU A NURF!!!!

Not a big deal really. At all.

un4

un4

Lynette

Quote from: un4given_one on February 25, 2009, 02:03:31 PM
Holy sh**... are you going to wear plate next patch, too?

No, but they'll soon get the ability to apply poisons to their claws and be able to vanish.

O yeah, they already got vanish.

Arcdelad

feral math crunchers accross a ton of different sites are consistently showing about a 26-30% over DPS increase for cats in 3.1...primal gore is HUGE...

Favorite glyphs seem to be Rip, SR, and the new Shred one...

Nixphire

That might be the case. But I don't think you can burst a mage still.

Arcdelad

from today's latest PTR:

[blizzard]Feral

Primal Gore doesn't affect Rake anymore.[/blizzard]

And

[blizzard]Glyph of Savage Roar - Your Savage Roar ability grants an additional 3% bonus damage done. (Down from 6%)[/blizzard]

I guess its not really a nerf if the more robust versions never made it to live LOL....these just confirm to me what everyone has been saying - feral is getting a huge boost in 3.1, so much so that they had to scale it back a little bit.

Its also reported that ghostcrawler plays a feral druid :P