T4 will be for any spec!!!

Started by Genoism, October 19, 2006, 11:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genoism

Kalgan a Blizzard poster, answered someone question on official forums and therefore provided us with infos on tiers4 armor, which is the way to obtain tiers4 armor, we will be given a token system to get tiers4 armor and choose which t4 armor is the most suited to your build.

"There is a tier 4 set for most builds for each class.

The boss drops a "token" for a certain slot for a certain set of classes (it's not really called a "token", but I'm speaking of it mechanically here), which you then turn in for the type of set piece of your choice (ie: for a warrior, the tanking plate or the dps plate, or for a druid you choose between the healing, moonkin, or feral gear)." by Kalgan

I also spoke with someone who's in tbc right now and they say that hunters are overpowered with BM @_@.

Arcdelad

feral set? did someone say feral set?

usonian

Wow that will be nice... after i worry about finishing off the .5 upgrades which are already taking forever to get.  Then I'll have to move into MC eventually for tier 1, somehow go on to BWL for tier 2 and, by some miracle of whatever god you believe in, into Naxx for tier 3.  AFTER all that I get to choose uber gear that fits one spec.  Woot.

I hope we're all in for the long haul, because I'm not leaving Twilight for a raiding guild:)

Arcdelad

word brutha!!!!! we bleed...........er......what is twilight's color?

Emmalina

For your viewing/drooling pleasure:

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/stream.php?id=29640

Warriors look like Juggernaut in a way. Warlocks have the coolest. Paladins continue to have the worst looking sets in my opinion. There are already suggestions on the priest boards of taking all the priests with Tier 4 shoulders, lining them up in two rows and having people land their flying mounts on the newly constructed "runway." Blinking shoulders......if it weren't for the knowledge that they'll have outrageous stats, I'd be a little disgusted.

Emma

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Genoism

actually arc, there's no reason why we can't skip from t0 to t4, mainly because u MUST be lv70 to carry any of the t4 items, and if you've seen any of the expansion items whatsoever you'd know that by lvl 68-70 you will have replace all if not most of your t3 set items, so frankly I wouldn't want to spend all that crazy time in MC/BWL/AQ/NAXX, i'd go there for fun, but all our items will be better, and we're not talkin raid items, just dugeon stuff and reward items.

Arcdelad

holy crap do warriors like awesome...

why do druids still get a skirt? AND look like a deer? i thought we were PRo nature....not the type to put deer heads on our walls :)

Arcdelad

why do I get credit for that comment geno? :) uso is someone else...

usonian

I'm no expert about gear after .5 Geno, but how will we be able to get from tier 0 to tier 4 without getting the gear from MC/BWL/AQ/NAXX first?  Are you saying that the random gear drops around the world on the way to 70 will be adequate to handle the situations that will yield tier 4 gear?  You mention by lvl 68-70 we will have replaced tier 3 items, but you get tier 3 items in Naxx.  I don't understand, I must be missing something.

btw Emma, I think the pally Judgement sets look pretty awesome:)

Genoism

err sorry i was rushing and i musta scanned your name isntead of uso's for that post....the grammar in my post was trashy too :p

so ya uso, u dont need to have a teir to go to the next one. T0 to t.5 is the only exception where u need the peice to upgrade it, but t1 and so on are all random drops or rewards for collecting tokens like zg. So again, by the time we are lvl 70 we will have gear that will have surpassed t3 gear and that means we will be very well equipt to get t4. You dont need t1 to get t2 or t3 to get t4.

Shadowwolf

Like the game is situated now, you could technically skip ZG, MC, BWL and jump straight into Naxx for Tier 3. Would you want to in greens? Um, probably not. Is it an option for you to try, yea of course it is, but the game has a series of progression to it when talking about raid instances. Each one preps you with drops that will improve your ability to survive in the one after. Can you skip around some, yup, sure can, but it is going to be that much harder to be successful then.

Blizzard is taking a slightly new approach to Burning Crusade due to a lot of complaints and the total percentile of players actually staying as long to get thru Naxx. BC is supposed to have drops that trump most anything you can get in the game now from level 60-70 that would drop in the new instances as well as rewarded from quests, new factions, etc. Its not going to make the stuff that drops in BWL and MC useless at any means because those quests arent going to be easy and few will be soloable, but Blizzards intent is to go back to the smaller more focused groups rather then the huge Zergs the 40-person dungeons have basically become. Im told the instance where you get things for Tier 4 is capped at 10 persons just as an example. That means everyone has to play thier part, no slacking off on a few as you might see in the 40 persons now. So basically having good gear from places like MC, BWL, etc will allow it to be easier to accomplish those objectives in the upcoming expansion. Im sure you will prob see some green items drop in Outworld at lvl 68 or something that would outdo an epic tier item from BWL, but remember the trip youre going to have to take to get from 60-68 to get that green drop to use.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Genoism

its like those epics that we see at lvl 37...gloves of holy might i think they were called...there are blues at lvl 60 that are FAR better then them...same thing with the expansion :D

un4

un4

usonian

That's exactly what I was trying to say Shadow.  Having tier 1 to get tier 2 or 2 to get 3 isn't required, but it'll be difficult to jump from 0-4 without following the progression of instances and leveling your gear to go on to the next.  I'm glad that Blizz is reducing the lvl caps on the bigger instances though.  I really want to see what these higher-level dungeons are like but I'm discouraged by the effort a 40man raid takes to organize.  The idea of 10 people working in harmony to take down the most difficult bosses is very appealling to me.  Looks like Blizz's new strategy fits into Twilight's future pretty well:)

Darkling

There are a ton of blues that are better than some epics. Heck, the only epic items I equip right now are my lobotomizer and my ring - both from av rep.

I'm sure when I get my epic pvp gear, I'll def wear that. Raid gear? So far I have survived without and still manage to cause tons of damage and live to tell about it.

I know I'll need the raid gear sooner or later, but for now, I'm happy with what I have. And I don't really like the look of the Rogue tier 4 gear. I prefer looking like a sophisticated ninja.