Cat form druid interupts

Started by Arcdelad, November 28, 2007, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

Buzan

Quote from: Arcdelad on November 30, 2007, 09:55:58 AM
<cough>bubble<cough>

LOL yeah true but you cycloned me, isn't that the druid version of teh legendary bubble :P?

Nixphire

He tried this on me yesterday. followed up by one of this loooong heals. Too bad I had my [item]Medallion of the Alliance[/item] popped that and finished the job  ]:D

LastDyingBreath

With form---> form shifts powershifting should be possible again, it was broken for awhile.  obviously I can't try it out for myself but in the past it worked like this:  grab an energy tick watch mod.  When you run out of energy, shift cat---> cat right before the tick.  You get the energy from furor and the energy tick simultaneously, enabling an instant shred every energy tick as long as your mana lasts.

MotW is not the best buff in the game, by far.  Blessing of Kings is.  I'm not one of those druids who cry about it, but 10% scaling to all stats is far superior to the static stats of MotW.

MotW vs Kings for you (stats taken from your armory):

MotW: 14 to all attributes.  340 armor, not multiplied by bear form.  25 resistances.
Talented MotW:  19 to all attributes.  459 armor, not multiplied by bear form.  34 resistances.
Kings:  27 str, 43 agi, 52 stam, 26 int, 15 spirit.  The agi gives you 21 armor that scales with bearform, so 86 armor (I think?). 

As far as buffs, go, the only advantage in MotW vs kings is the resistance.  Talented MotW just really fails to impress me.

Furor isn't amazing for a straight up tank, although the shot of bonus rage is helpful at the start of pulls, and for fights where you have a chance to pop out and reshift.  For straight DPS it's very nice, as long as your mana supply holds up you can essentially double your shred rate.  Furor really comes into its own in a hybrid playstyle.  On Nightbane for me, it was amazing.  Powershifting to shred the dragon, rage when I went bear to round up skellies.  It was also very useful on Illhoof, where I shift between bear and cat for tanking the imp and dpsing chains/illhoof.  Furor was also amazing in pvp, especially considering all the snares I had to shift out of.

Spec as you will, like I said I respect you as a druid and I know you know what you're doing.  Standard Disclaimer applies.

Nixphire

I used to give out MotW Rank 1 in MC. And for some reason, no one really even noticed  ;D

Arcdelad

thats why you rerolled an easy class like a mage :) good thing that food table doesnt have a low rank...

first of all panz...i love debate...i encourage it in my 3 and a half year old, and I am always one to question another person...especially if they are authority :) no need for any disclaimer...as long as you respect my right to formulate my own opinion and I do the same we should be kosher :)

having said that...I really dont see how powershifting would be benefitial....shred costs 60 energy...subtract 18 energy with the two talent points im sure you had, thats 42 energy total for shred. Powershifting gets you 40 energy, then resets the timer to get your next 20 energy.

Its important to remember that energy regeneration isnt like filling up the bathtub - it comes in increments, meaning you need to wait for your next energy refill tic to come in before you hit shred. It is not at all a doubling of your shredding. What it saves is one energy tic most likely...in that one energy tick I am re-applying fearie fire as needed and autoattacking...

I also have about 5k mana...that does not leave a lot of shiftage to be had before I go OOM...and going OOM stuck in elf form is about the biggest DPS killer I can think of. This would have very limited boss usage, and trash mobs die so fast powershifting just seems wasteful...

When i get to dps in a raid or 5 man, i am usually top or close to top in terms of dps, so the attack rotation not using furor must be working somehow :) i think ultimately too I dont want to have to be shifting out and back into cat to hopefully squeeze out an extra crit...if i were hardcore PVP i would definitely spec this, but this tactic seems anecdotal at best...

i dont know why your in bear form for kil'rek :) i "tank" him in cat form all the time...he hits like nasanna and your cat dps would help him drop a lot sooner...

LastDyingBreath

I tried to find a video of a druid powershifting, best I could find was http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7179811727830617447&q=druid+shifting&total=23&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

He's not trying for it, but watch his shifts from xxx--> cat.  The shift is followed by an energy tick.

compare that video to http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1219293637611701542&q=druid+shifting&total=23&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1
where the druid does not have furor.

This means you can (starting with 100 energy)

Shred (58 energy)
Shred (16 energy)
*energy tick* (36 energy)
Ferocious bite (0 energy)
Shift cat-->  cat (40 energy)
*energy tick* (60 energy)
Shred (18 energy)

instead of
Shred (58 energy)
Shred (16 energy)
Ferocious Bite (0 energy)
wait
wait
*energy tick* (20 energy)
wait
wait
*energy tick* (40 energy)
wait
wait
Shred

If you choose not to use FB, it looks like

Shred (58 energy)
Shred (16 energy)
wait
wait
*energy tick* (56 energy)
Shred (14 energy)
wait
*energy tick* (34 energy)
wait
wait
*energy tick* (54 energy)

With Furor and not using FB, it looks like

Shred (58 energy)
Shred (16 energy)
wait
wait
*energy tick* (56 energy)
Shred (14 energy)
shift cat--> cat (40 energy)
Shred

the cat-->cat shift lets you skip two energy ticks.  Moar shredz!

You do make a valid point about going OOM.  Natural Shapeshifter ftw.

You're also right about your results speaking for themselves.  That's why I've been very careful to make sure you know I'm not ridiculing you, because I hearts teh bare duridz.

I tank Kil'rek in bear form because a triple swipe crit does more damage than my mangles.

edit:  I'm not shredding kil'rek /bonk

Arcdelad

Im goign to respec and try it out panz...ill let you know my hands on findings hehehe