Something everyone should hear

Started by Arcdelad, March 07, 2007, 07:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

I have a 20 BE mage im toying with, and I went into the undercity yesterday to deliver a quest item to lady sylvanaas...when I went into the Royal Chamber section of UC I was shocked to hear some REALLY REALLY GREAT music start playing...

there were actual vocals going on...a really rich orchestral track played...the female singer sounded really operatic...ive been in that chamber before with my UD lock and dont remember that being the case, so I think its new...but if anyone has the opportunity id highly recommend popping in there to take a listen...

hoepfulyl this is the start of other areas with upgraded music

usonian

I noticed this the other day as well and the music is actually quite soothing.  I heard it was from a quest that starts the ladies singing but I don't know.  Nice addition though.

un4

If music be the food of love, play on.  Give me an excess of it that, surfiting, the appetitite may sicken and so die...

I.  Love.  Music.
Identify the quote!
un4

Vengeance

Oh no, one of un4s little "identification"  :-[

Genoism

its called lament of the highborne
something to do with slyvannas remembering her past since she's forgotten most of it.....here's the file if u wanna hear the whole thing
http://www.sendspace.com/file/iwl2s0

or
http://fs02n4.sendspace.com/dl/b73195db45e03a192c6d22fb080fedc5/45efd8a0/iwl2s0/21%20Lament%20of%20the%20Highborne.rar

Arcdelad

un4

Aww, even the english lit guy didn't get it...  :(
un4

Arcdelad

LOL....sounds very much like shakespeare...but i wouldnt rule out marlowe or another one of his renaissance comptemporaries...

ill assume its shakespeare since (no offense) most people dont quote anyone else in that time period BUT shakespeare and the style screams that time period...

Its not in iambic pentameter, and there is no rhyming scheme, so this line would be spoken by a 'common' person, ie someone not royal...having said that, the style then would pobably mandate a play from the middle of his canon...again, im going to assume your not quoting the "obscure" plays that only snobs like me read like Coriolinus (sp?), so it would probably be a commonly read / seen play...

so...middle works play, definitely not JC, Hamlet, or Much Ado About nothing (i dumped a lot of study into those plays and would know those for shizzle)...Merry Wives of Windsor or Twelth Night?

Since my Shakespeare brain is buzzing, two obscure things about old willy:

1) the sonnets, which people have been quoting on valentines day cards for a looooooooooooong time, were written to an adolescent boy...the noble boy ran off with an older women and the father commisioned shakespeare to write the sonnets to sway the boy back to his father and away from the money draining woman...

2) there is a lot of scholarly debate as to who actually wrote shakespeare...everything we know for 100% sure about shakespeare can fit on a napkin...there are about 1,000,000,000,000 alternate theories as to who may have been the actual author (with shakespeare as a pseudonym), including a woman(countess of pembroke), marlowe (maybe he didnt die in the bar...), a collaboration of people (grammar experts can identify a lot of areas where the style and type of writing is dramatically different. indicating more than one person contributed to the works), elvis, jesus christ, and satan. I personally think satan wrote the works.

First person who mentions the movie "Shakespeare in Love" will have satan personally visting them to collect their souls.

un4

Quote from: Arcdelad on March 09, 2007, 05:30:30 AM
LOL....sounds very much like shakespeare...but i wouldnt rule out marlowe or another one of his renaissance comptemporaries...

ill assume its shakespeare since (no offense) most people dont quote anyone else in that time period BUT shakespeare and the style screams that time period...

Its not in iambic pentameter, and there is no rhyming scheme, so this line would be spoken by a 'common' person, ie someone not royal...having said that, the style then would pobably mandate a play from the middle of his canon...again, im going to assume your not quoting the "obscure" plays that only snobs like me read like Coriolinus (sp?), so it would probably be a commonly read / seen play...

so...middle works play, definitely not JC, Hamlet, or Much Ado About nothing (i dumped a lot of study into those plays and would know those for shizzle)...Merry Wives of Windsor or Twelth Night?

Correct on the Shakespeare.  Being a thesbian, I get a lot of him ;)
I was quoting what I remembered from the last time I was in this show ('bout fouryears ago), and I fudged it a tad.  Might have thrown you off, because this was spoken by royalty... Duke Orsino in 12th Night, to be specific.  Masterfully done!

Quote from: OrsinoIf music be the food of love, play on;
Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die. -
That strain again! - it had a dying fall:
O, it came o'er my ear like the sweet sound,
That breathes upon a bank of violets,
Stealing and giving odour! - Enough; no more;
'Tis not so sweet now as it was before.
O spirit of love, how quick and fresh art thou!
That, notwithstanding thy capacity
Receiveth as the sea, naught enters there,
Of what validity and pitch soe'er,
But falls into abatement and low price,
Even in a minute!  so full of shapes is fancy,
That it alone is high-fantastical.

Dug up my old script ;)
un4

Muridin

would really be nice if the WoW+BC soundtracks were avaliable to purchase.... more specificly in my town, so i can buy and listen, cause some pieces of music for the game (region music, inn music etc) are really unique and nice to listen to ....

funny story actually .... i was annoyed with the world (of both irl and warcraft ) so i went to find a waterfall in elwyyn forest, and sat there for 3 hours listening to the music of elwyyn ( the basic background music ) plus the sound of the waterfall .....

Muridin

omg, just listened to that song in Sylvanas's throne room.... powerful

cant help but feel sorry for her, and her .... kind ...

i have to agree with some ppl that the horde is more interesting now that ive played an ally toon as it is lore rich ( and im crazy enough to be interested in that crap lol )

( btw, i couldnt download it of the links above, can anyone else? )

fiere redfern

The BC collector's edition came with a "World of Warcraft Soundtrack" - though unfortunately it only includes the BC-region background musics. I haven't been able to find any WoW or BC soundtracks in stores, either (which is slightly depressing, considering there are some really gorgeous-sounding areas that I've almost fallen asleep to late at night)

I also missed out on the Sylvannas swan song. Silly me for listening to Alice in Chains 'steada the normal soundtrack =(

Arcdelad

Dirt is one of my all time favorite albums....

fiere redfern