Competition Breeds....

Started by Arcdelad, March 08, 2007, 05:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

so Lord of the Rings Online, the MMORPG WOW competitor set in the world of Middle Earth, is coming out relatively soon...

im sure well see a dip in server attendance (both from guildees and the general public)....but, one thing they are offering which is cool is a lifetime subscription fee of $199

I am not planning on playing LOTR, but I would like to see WOW institute a similar subscription plan...

Drygioni

lifetime for $200, I'd pay that for WoW in a heartbeat.

Doubt I will play LOTR either. They are smart though, offering a lifetime subscription early so even if the game has no longevity they laugh right to the bank.

Arcdelad

hehehe....yeah...the reviews so far arent bad though, so i dont think itll be a total flop

btw Dry...I just heard David Bowie's "Im Afraid of Americans" yesterday on the radio...great song...is that trent reznor on there with him? is the rest of that album like that song? (so that if i..............er............"buy" the album from limelight im not wasting my time :)

Drygioni

yeah thats from his "Earthling" record, and does feature Trent Reznor.  The record is very electronic with heavy jungle beats. The 1st single was "Little Wonder" and was totally not what anyone expected from him.  Its quite a departure from the David bowie of the 70's and 80's.  I saw him a couple years ago and he played "I'm Afraid of Americans" it was great live. If you like Electronica check it out.

usonian

Yeah that song is awesome.  Didn't you see the video where Trent is following Bowie around the city streets and starts shooting at him with his finger?  I'm sure it's on youtube, you should check it out.

What is not awesome is LOTR online.  I played Beta and it couldn't keep my interest away from WoW so I couldn't imagine too many people leaving to play it, especially now that BC is out.

Muridin

i got the beta, and i couldnt download it .... that annoyed me

question for those that did get the beta .... is LOTRO a rep grind game, is it better or wrose than WoW?

ive been thinking of floating between WoW and LOTRO as both fantasy worlds trigger my imagination

also, if i had the money, i would so pay the 200 ( more like 350 aud  :'( ) for a lifetime subscription

Zario

LOTR Online beta was alright but I didn't have as much fun with it as WoW.  I think I got as far as lvl 12 or so.  The classes weren't as cool and I think that when a game goes for realistic graphics, they just can't get it quite right an it doesn't feel right. 

Muridin

un4

Probably as much as any MMORPG.
un4