Verizon VIOS

Started by Arcdelad, February 26, 2008, 02:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

ahh...the sweet smell of marketing....now that im here in PA, i get to hear about Wawa, Superfresh and......Verizon VIOS, which is supposedly a superfast fiber optics internet / tv / phone connection...

right now i have verizo for dsl and phone...anyone in the area know if this is even a product that is worthwhile thinking about?

Tyban

Comcast is the best!!!

Why would u not have Comcastic Service...I enjoy paying a lot of money for their excellent service.   :snowman_smiley:

Customer service is excellent...whenever I call them about slow connection or random DC's they tell me its my modem and I should buy a new one.  Where else can I get that kind of support 24/7.

Arcdelad

LOL

well..they are already ripping me off for my tv...

Shadowwolf

I miss living in Burbank CA. I had Charter Cable and in 8 years never had a problem.

Back to NJ I went, and since having Comcast, ive had nothing but problems.

I remember one night I got disconnected, when I called tech support the reply they gave me was "oh its scheduled maintenance, wont be back up till 10AM tomorrow." My response was "scheduled with who? I never got a notice." and she hung up on me, called back, got a manager, and now they have the fear of god in them when I call. Unfortunately it doesnt help much when its down, but I do get a tech at my house usually the very next day when its a problem with the lines.

I upgraded to "Blast" with them the other day, which bumps me to 16mbps down 3mbps up and I like it so far. Im hoping maybe for the "big spenders" they show some more support and better network quality, tho I wouldnt consider my monthly cable bill in the past as being "cheap" either =P

I do know my cousin has FIOS in the next town over, and he seems to like it a lot. He did say though that his bill isnt any smaller, its just with a different company now. He previously had Optimum Online though and they were even worse than Comcast, so it was a step up for him.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Arcdelad

if i had this tonight, the queue would be......

........no differnt.....damn you dirty apes!!!

Zario

I regularly interact with portions of my company where it's common to email tens of thousands of clients.  Guess which client's never get the important emails and then complain to us.  Comcast subscribers!