Cataclysm release date is set?

Started by Grendeel, September 26, 2010, 08:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grendeel

According to an email Amazon.com send out, cataclysm will be released on Nov 23

http://wow.joystiq.com/

I think thats pretty solid if they are emailing all the people that preordered it from them.

Docsamson

I guess I should be happy I get that entire week off for Thanksgiving, because my boss is AWESOME.

Haderach

It hasn't been confirmed by blizz yet, I would still take it with a grain of salt.

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

dharq

Looks like next Tuesday is gonna be the release of 4.01. Get ready for the pain... I don't expect a patch this large to go through smoothly.

Grendeel

Amazon has revised their release date.   Now its sometime in January for the pre-ordered colllectors edition.

http://wow.joystiq.com/

id be pissed if i was buying through them with that big of an error  lol

Who the hell knows when its going to be released

Haderach

Im excited for 4.0.1, means I get my giant purple flaming meteor attack.

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

Tony

Just announced on MMO-Champion.com that the date has been set for Dec 7th.

Shadowwolf

Quote from: Tony on September 30, 2010, 03:40:04 PM

He knows about as little as Amazon, I wouldnt put faith in that source either. Hes guessing based on Blue posts and calculations. It'll be announced at Blizzcon like last time. You can expect either xmas or new years.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Tony

Quote from: Shadowwolf on September 30, 2010, 03:59:39 PM
Quote from: Tony on September 30, 2010, 03:40:04 PM

He knows about as little as Amazon, I wouldnt put faith in that source either. Hes guessing based on Blue posts and calculations. It'll be announced at Blizzcon like last time. You can expect either xmas or new years.

I'm not defending him in any way, but his source is 1 - A game file that says +ARENA_MASTER_NO_SEASON_TEXT = "Arena battles and Rated Battlegrounds are only available during an active player versus player combat season. Season nine will begin on December 14th, so be prepared at that time to take your shot at glory!" and 2 - What GC said "The next Arena Season will begin for level-85 players approximately one week after the official launch of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. "

Shadowwolf

That would bank on the fact that Blizzard communicates within itself well and ive learned from playing WoW this long they dont.

Hes looking at Beta which is currently testing S9 Arena so whatever he data mines in the client doesnt necessarily dictate what goes live because Blizz always changes things and they also tweak settings on beta to make stuff work sooner than it should.

Im just saying, take his info with a grain of salt like anywhere else. I loathe MMO-Champ for this very reason. He likes to make announcement dates and hype everyone up and hes been wrong 98% of the time.

MMO-Champ is like nails on a chalkboard to me, more so since its now a Curse site. =P
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Maruden

I wont believe its released till I'm 85.  8)

"When William joined the army, he didn't like the phrase "fire at will!""

Haderach

Apparently the date is set as December 7th.

"Lord of Snaxxramas"

dharq

[blizzard]World of Warcraft(R): Cataclysm(TM) in Stores Starting December 7

IRVINE, Calif., Oct 04, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that World of Warcraft(R): Cataclysm(TM), the highly anticipated third expansion for the world's most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game*, will be released starting on December 7, 2010. The expansion will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows(R) XP/Windows Vista(R)/Windows(R) 7 and Macintosh(R) at a suggested retail price of $39.99 and will also be offered as a digital download from the Blizzard Store. A special Collector's Edition packed with bonus items will be available exclusively in retail stores for a suggested retail price of $79.99.

"Cataclysm includes the best content we've ever created for World of Warcraft. It's not just an expansion, but a re-creation of much of the original Azeroth, complete with epic new high-level adventures for current players and a redesigned leveling experience for those just starting out," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "With the help of our beta testers, we're putting on the final polish, and we look forward to welcoming gamers around the world to enjoy it in just a couple of months."

The first two World of Warcraft expansions, The Burning Crusade(R) and Wrath of the Lich King(R), each shattered PC game sales records upon their release.* In Cataclysm, the face of Azeroth will be forever altered by the return of the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing. Players will explore once-familiar areas of the world that have now been reshaped by the devastation and filled with new adventures. In an effort to survive the planet-shattering cataclysm, two new playable races — worgen and goblins — will join the struggle between the Alliance and the Horde. As players journey to the new level cap of 85, they'll discover newly revealed locations, acquire new levels of power, and come face to face with Deathwing in a battle to determine the fate of the world.

The beta test for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is currently underway. Visit the official Battle.net(R) website at http://www.battle.net to set up a Battle.net account and sign up for a chance to participate. To learn more about World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, visit http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm.

[/blizzard]

Shadowwolf

Of all the days to release a new product, lets pick the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor.

How quickly history is forgotten =(

Docsamson

They're trying to get people that are upset with Cataclysm changes to make terrible puns.