Cant download patch

Started by Dylon, December 05, 2006, 11:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylon

Umm, it seems i cant download the patch..when i open wow and log on with my account it brings up the usual character list with the Downloading update thing..then it tells me to restart wow, as usual, then it brings up the blizzard downloader, then the error "could not initialize storage. You may not have permission to write to the destination path"  can someone please help?

Aldel

do you have enough hard drive space?

Dylon

plenty, i have close to 60 gigs of hard drive space

Emmalina

Blizzard Downloader has caused a lot of people problems, so I'd recommend downloading the patch from Black's or Shadow's links. There are also some mirrors on the WoW Forums. If you unzip these files to your WoW folder they should be set up properly, and when you run WoW, it will get to that Blizz Downloader and verify that the content is there very quickly, it shouldn't actually download anything. I had problems when P2P was enabled on the Blizz Downloader, so try disabling it under the "File" tab of the Downloader and run WoW again.

Emma

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Dylon

wow thanks  :)   can you direct me to shadow or blacks links? so i dont have to go searching for it too much?  :)  i'll look myself and see if i cant find it, but it would help if i knew the general direction in which to go  :D

Dylon

haha im stupid its right there, nvm

Aldel

Quote from: Dylon on December 05, 2006, 12:01:18 PM
wow thanks  :)   can you direct me to shadow or blacks links? so i dont have to go searching for it too much?  :)  i'll look myself and see if i cant find it, but it would help if i knew the general direction in which to go  :D

It's stickied 2 posts above this one  :elf_smiley:

Dylon

ok im downloading the patch from the link shadow put on the site, what do i do with it once i download it? so i dont mess up anything  :p

Shadowwolf

extract it somewhere and run "updater.exe" and let it do the rest.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess