Deathwing Flyby

Started by Shadowwolf, November 29, 2010, 06:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

So...

Some may remember a brief conversation in guild chat the other day in which I said the following...

[attachimg=1]

And so...

I need to learn to remember that the GMs on the server dont really like me too much nor do Blizz Dev's since I am always pointing out problems with WoW via emails and tickets. As such, I think this was intentional this morning as I quested in Southern Barrens in response to a ticket about a bugged quest in Feralas that sent me to a way off area for an NPC...

[youtube=600,450]BpQkrNhUNcE[/youtube]

If you can, its better to watch it in HD quality since you can see everything better. I threw FRAPS on as soon as I realized what was going on. As I quested, everything turned the reddish color you see and I thought I did something bad, only to remember "Oh yea, Deathwing flys around, cool, I'll get to see him finally." and yea...I did, and he wasted me and everything around me leaving me a burnt corpse with an achievement I didnt realize existed (Stood in the Fire).

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Simmon

I remember talking about that achievement the other day....Everyone presumed is was going to be "Uber-rare"...So, congrats.

Shadowwolf

Apparently, it is going to be "rare" for now, but rumor has it youll be able to get it if you wipe to him once hes a defeatable raid boss.

For the time being till then, he will randomly appear in different zones, and randomly decide to lay waste to everything in that zone. According to a hint from a Blizz post, he may or may not breathe fire when he visits a zone.

Joy, im honored to take a 10% durability hit for such a random achievement =P

I still say it was a GM controlling him getting me back for the bug ticket I submitted a few hours prior. The timing was just too perfect.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Lynette

I died to DW yesterday morning while in Gadgetzan (looking for Steamwheedle Port NPCs which are MIA).  Sky turned crimson and then DW flew right over the town and killed those of us who were there.  Heard myself and others screaming for a few secs before we all died to the flames, then got the achievement.  Flames seemed to last about a full minute.

I suspect GM as well, as he flew directly over the town.

Lynette

I've read that DW has a fondness for Gadgetzan.  Might be a good place to hang out for those looking for this achievement.