Download or Buy Disc

Started by Simmon, December 02, 2010, 10:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmon

Any opinions on whether to direct download Cataclysm or to wait til Tuesday and buy it from the store when it goes on sale.

Shadowwolf

I bought 2 copies of the collectors edition I have to pick up, but for my 3rd acct I went the download route. I think unless you're getting the collectors edition, download is prob best. No lines to stand in, no wait time to install, itll start downloading now and be ready to go come Tuesday at 12AM.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Air

Will probably buy a boxed copy of Cata, unless I can't find any copies in store than I'll get a digital copy.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Haderach

Im getting myself a boxed copy from gamestop, cause I like the launch night shenanigans.

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

Docsamson

I'll probably get myself a digital copy, because I barely have time during the week to go to the bank and deposit my paycheck, much less go to the store to buy games.  Also, I'm lazy.  And I don't need more boxes at home.

fiere redfern

Woo for working 13-hr days all launch week! Talk about bad timing... sheez.

I purchased a copy of the collector's edition from Amazon, so hopefully that'll get here a day or two after everyone else gets theirs - which means I won't have to stare at it sitting by my desk for three days and continually ask "why me?" when I want to be playing.

Oilslick

I did the digital pre-download a couple weeks ago.  I also bought a collector's edition that should arrive at my house on the 7th.  I won't be there to pick it up....

dharq

Having to update 4 accounts, I went cheap and immediate w/ the digital download. :)

More money for other xmas stuffs = happy wife = peace of mind for me. :D :D :D

Shadowwolf

I *think* Amazon usually gets their copies early and ships them to arrive on the release date, at least for some stuff. I know with BC they did that, depends on if Blizz has continued to do that with them.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Avelandra

Walmart said that they deliver on street date. They did it with BlackOps
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" - Possum Lodge Motto
I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together.

Kothnok

I plan to just go out at midnight to Best Buy and try to purchase a disc version like I've done for every expansion and hope for a CE version if I can afford it and it's available.  There's GameStops open as well so if Best Buy doesn't work out, there's alternatives.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Oilslick

Just got an email from walmart saying that my order has shipped...

Whenever I get back home on the 16th I'll probably hit up the bestbuy a couple minutes from the house and see if there are any extra collector's editions laying around in case some of you are unable to find them.

Tolwen

Got an e-mail from BestBuy saying that they were out of collector's edition and that mine wouldn't be shipped (Although they let me pre-order one!!?!!)...Was planning on starting Friday after my last final. Now i'm just on hold waiting for them to do something about it instead of studying physics  :(

Gutboy

As expected, I didn't have any trouble getting a CE today at the local Fry's. If they did their usual massive order, there should still be some around for quite a while, in case anyone out there can't get one otherwise.

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Tolwen

After waiting an hour on hold they changed my shipping to pick up from the local bestbuy. On the upside I stopped by zpizza and found out they have this awesome deal where if u're a ucsd student u get a free small when u purchase a large...I'll prolly log on for a bit tonight now that I have the game...