First day of Cata...

Started by Shadowwolf, December 07, 2010, 09:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Kajula

I'm wishing I had the time to come back :( I miss you guys.  I'm currently working 10 hr days and have a newborn, that leaves me with no free time.  Maybe I'll see you guys after the New Year.  Have fun with Cata!!

spendadsbucs

Mine is going great. Was a little nervous about doing the digital dl instead of buying the hard copy, but it worked perfectly. Looking forward to the new races and new quests. Can't wait to get back on after dinner tonight. Might even try to get in a little playing time before then. :)

dharq

So far it seems pretty good. The competition for mines and nodes is a bit crazy, but the quests and zones are a lot more interesting than I expected.

The worgen starting zone is just wow. The cutscenes are nice too.

Avelandra

Just got my collectors edition from FedEx, flying around STV now to get the TCG loot.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" - Possum Lodge Motto
I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together.

Lynette

Overall impression is very good here.  Game is tight, story line is well done.  I started my day in the water zone and am not even a third way thru all the quests after roughly 6 to 7 hours.  Seems like there will be tons of content to enjoy for many, many months ahead.  Good time to be a skinner, too.  Lots of free skins to be had all over the place.

Only complaint is the kill stealing for quest mobs.  Twice now, I've been standing at a quest NPC to spawn, only to have some jerk come running up then pulling the mob before me when it spawns.  Don't know why folks can't wait an extra minute or two and be civil by waiting their turn or asking for an invite, but I guess that's how some folks are.

Looking forward to running some instances with guildies in the coming days.

Haderach

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

khader

zomg....there's a queue.   

Cottonbaler

Quote from: spendadsbucs on December 07, 2010, 09:44:35 AM
Mine is going great. Was a little nervous about doing the digital dl instead of buying the hard copy, but it worked perfectly. Looking forward to the new races and new quests. Can't wait to get back on after dinner tonight. Might even try to get in a little playing time before then. :)

Playing Hooky from work? Expect my son-in-law to do all the work and pay the bills? LOL

Got on for a bit this morning - seemed great so far although crowded at some of the start points which was to be expected. Hope to get on some more this evening.

Anyone 85 yet?

Billpayer/Cottonbaler
Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!

Friends help you move...
...REAL friends help you move bodies.

I Believe In Making Sacrifices. Can I Start With You?

Maruden

Bah was hoping to be able to attend  the start of a expansion for once!  But I have been pretty busy, and see no end to it for awhile (might get in some time over winter break *fingers crossed*) hope you guys and gals have tons of fun! Plus i get to come back when there is no one stealing my mobs and nodes! Take care, see ya guys soon!

"When William joined the army, he didn't like the phrase "fire at will!""

jalenos

A long day, but one I had scheduled off specifically for this.  I really enjoyed the Mt. Hyjal area and now I'm exploring Deepholme.  While not every quest has gear rewards that I can use, it's nice to see so many of them nonetheless.  The worgen sprint ability came in handy as I wasn't paying attention and some lvl 83 elite in Deepholme chased me across a field.  (I should know better by now...)

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut

fiere redfern

My copy is patiently awaiting me at home, but I won't be there for another three hours at least :( hopefully installing it tomorrow before I leave for work, so maybe I'll get a bit of exploration in. Otherwise, I'll see you guys on Saturday.

Haderach

Level 84, 9 million exp to go.

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

Zario

Amazon didn't delivery CE today like promised so that was a bummer.

To maintain my broker licenses I have to take a computer based training course every 2 years.  I scheduled it for noon today so I could blast through it and come home super early to start playing. 

I completed all the Hyjal quests today and have to say it's worth every bit of the effort.  Don't leave once you get the 115 quest achievement, because you'll miss out on some great content.  Make sure you finish the zone content!

Gutboy

Looks like I'm gonna be months behind right from the start, but I have a great excuse.  8)

http://www.rogerwaters.com/

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington