Errors during the installation.

Started by Blacksky, January 16, 2007, 09:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacksky

Ok, I'm one of the very lucky winners that having some serious problems on installing TBC, the current problem that I've got was when I inserted disc 2 into the drive then it's no response at all, in other word crashed.

I read info about the installation, required 10GB, but I only got 5GB on my C: /, therefore the first time when I installed disc 1 and inserted disc 2 was crashed I thought because that I'm low on space. Okay, totally uninstalled everything, then re-installed into D: / with much more space for it.

After original WoW installed then following on is TBC disc 1, as previously running very smooth. Then carried on with disc 2, same problem persisted. Omfg, not again ??? The answer is YES!!!! Dam it.

Then I tried to give the technical a call for more info how to fix this problem, but the it's always on busy tone. :'(
Visited the WoW forum to try and look for some solution, guess what, there were other errors problems that occurred. Some other problem like getting an error message when they installed upto 98% etc.
For more info, visit http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=11110&sid=1

Currently I'm trying one of the solution that copy all the Installer Tome.mpq files from the disc then run it on the computer to re-installing it again. Not sure this will help or not? But I'm looking a way to fix this kind of annoying problem.
By the way, when you finished installed TBC disc 1 and crashed, if you trying to re-install the disc 1 again it will have a error message that saying the TBC was already installed, there was a solution that is to deleted the expansion.MPQ then you will able to re-installing it again, but I had tried to deleted it, but it doesn't work on me.
I really don't want to waste another 30mins or more for re-installing the wow client again. :-[a

It’s really a shame that you going out for the midnight release and bought a pack that doesn’t work.

Lynette

I've been crossing my fingers, cause there are always the unlucky few who have stuff like this happen to them.

The only suggestions I can make are the obvious...ensure there is nothing else running while installing (especially firewall and anti-virus software) and check to make sure you have the latest device drivers...especially from Microsoft for Windows XP and your video device driver.

Good luck and hope to see you in-game soon.

Genoism

i would try copying the contents of the 2nd cd to your harddrive and running the installation from there

Jandris

I am a bonehead when it comes to pc's but I can help you cuss at it  ]:D Hope everything straightens out for you.