ZG and AQ20

Started by Hinkly, August 07, 2006, 06:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinkly

im currious as to what your strats are for bosses in ZG as well as bosses in AQ 20?

on my other servers these bosses seemed hard when our members didnt have eth right gear, however after getting more and more experience i noticed it wasnt the gear that was slowing us down, it was the strategies and attention span of the raid part that made the diference.

for the most part the first boss, (the snake) is very straight forward, but  i heard you guys havent attempted this one yet?

i have a strat that i worked up for my guild on surumar if your interested for the bat boss Jeklik's, as well as the tiger boss who i think is the easiest boss of all in ZG the only dificult part is having three good tanks and making sure all three priests die within 10 seconds of each other. this is where team work and every raid member listening for directions comes into play.

i have heard nothing but good things about your guild, and hopefully one day My guild can work out an alliance with your guild.

thanks again, and let me know if you would like to share strats on some of these bosses.

Hinklynshmit

Kothnok

I've never been to AQ20, so can't comment on that.

The few ZG runs I've been on have had it's disasters from just one or two people not paying attention, but that's exaserbated by not being geared up enough to handle hiccups in a strategy.

In general though, once you reach 60, your gear does make a difference, I've found.  I used to die a lot trying to run with the more experienced 60's and I couldn't keep up very well.  Now that I've gotten a pretty good mix of gear, I can not only stay alive, I'm contributing quite a bit (I used to feel like the fifth wheel, almost a hinderance).

Strategy is a must.  Gear is a must for at least half the raid.  Experience is valuable, listening to those that have it can turn the tide of battle.

Just my 2c. :)
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

I have some good strategies for all the bosses minus Jin'Do in ZG, as far as AQ I have a few but its still experimental as a guild as we havent visited there yet.

Most of the ZG strategies are relatively straight forward and in the time ive spent there I know a few tricks to make things easier on a few of the bosses, specifically the tiger and the bat boss. Not too many tricks that can be pulled on some of the others but they are still doable.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Hinkly

so you guys have downed teh bat boss and teh tiger boss?

sounds good. sounds like your guild is on its way...

the hardest boss we found to master was Jin'do in my opinion hes harder than Hakkar... that and teh blood lord was a pain for a while, but for the most part almost every boss has its weak points. i think once you get a few more guildies with some better gear, they will feel more confident and that might help out a bit.

as far as gear being important, alot of people fall into that trap, i have seen lvl 60 hunters DESTROY epically equiped hunters in damage, its all about your spec and skill, and yoru knowledge about the game, yes gear comes into play for things like fire resistance and shadow resistance, but ultamitly if you listen to directions/ sugestions, and know yoru class, you shoudl be able to take all bosses minus Jin'do and Hakkar down in ZG, i have personally seen it done.

the hardest part of the bat boss that we had was mana draining, we found out that she can heal herself with just one mana point, so we stopped forcusing on mana drain and started worrying about kicking/shield bashing/ silencing her when we saw she was ready to cast heal, and just burned once we hit about 25% health left. that was the turning point with ZG for us.

Kothnok

Gear is different for different classes.

Hunters are not tanking, nor are they healing.

A priest who knows their class well still cannot heal as effectively as someone with a much larger mana pool / mana regen rate.  A tank that doesn't have enough armor or hit points just isn't going to do as well as one with adequate amounts of both.

I think it more depends on what the class mix is.  The fewer of one class you have, the better equipped they need to be so that they can last longer.  It's not necessary to have all the healers in the raid have 6k+ mana if you have enough "healing power" in number of raid participants.  Tanks are a different story though... you just can't heal fast enough if your tank dies in 3 seconds flat.  Even if you have a bunch of tanks, I doubt that raid could defeat a boss that way (unless your dps is so phenominal, you can sacrifice a few tanks  ]:D).

I agree that skill is important.  I also agree that the way people mix gear may be better than "epics" (never said epics were needed, just good gear, whatever form that takes).  Being a druid that tries to tank/heal/dps whenever the situation calls for it, I'm going to stand by my "gear is important" opinion.   I have several outfits now for focusing on different aspects and if I wear the wrong gear, I cannot achieve the same results because I run out of hps/mana too quickly.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Hinkly

that is true, however when we are talking about druids that in it self is a entirely different ball game, druids depending on what their role is in that instance usually in ZG its healing/ mana battery for a priest... rarly will a druid tank in ZG which is too bad we have used bears to tank in MC before, and with great success too... however for a non dual role class like hunters or mages, gear isnt going to be a huge factor, mages can use evocr. and hunters can fiegn death and drink for a few seconds to regen some mana. with this and the fact that mages and hunters shouldnt require alot of healing because of their ranged attacks, means their gear isnt going to have to be super great.

gear is very very important to warriors, druids and palys more so than hunters and mages. but the biggest problem with 99% of all Zg bosses is DPS, most raids just dont have teh fire power high enough to bring the bosses down fast enough so tha the fights dont drag on and on and on... take eth bat boss for example... if your rogues are not kicking and warriors are not shield bashing, when she starts to cast her heal then your in for a looong battle. one simple step in the strat can be all it takes to wipe a group, however there are 19 other people there with you to absorb any mistakes that not having the best of the best gear, possible.

i agree that gear is important but i think that alot of people fall into that trap of "ZOMG that dude doesnt have all blues he sucks" attitude.
i feel esecially with ZG, AQ20, MC and BWL, attention during the raid, good leaders, and most importantly strategies are most important with gear a close second.

does yoru guild have any future plans for AQ20 at least the first boss to start getting the books for the next spells and abilitys?

Tolwen

whats this? a post with ZG and AQ with it ( wooooooooot ) ]:D

hey Hinkly :)

i think gear is a bit need not to be all in lvl60 gears but like 50+ stuffs, and a good mix of class...

o and we got good raid leaders:)

P.S: i think even a mage/lock/hunter should have some good armor cuz bat boss can i hit u if u dont have good armor...she killed me with a crit, while she does that aggro thing that flys to u hit u and goes back to the tanks.....

un4

Rogues need good gear for killing their timers and +crit.  Also, unless you have a blue or purple dagger at 60, you're screwed (assuming you arn't combat maces or swords).
un4

Audii

before you even step foot in ZG and attempt bosses you should have pretty decent gear...and thats not meaning class sets and what not..there are alot of individual pieces you can pick up for most classes in 5man instances..DM is a great place to get some of these items..But when it all comes down to it..gear helps but skill rules all..

un4

Quote from: Audii on August 12, 2006, 11:38:24 PMBut when it all comes down to it..gear helps but skill rules all..
/cheer
un4

DarkBlade

well if u need help, i have gone to ZG many times and i have finished ZG, MC and almost AQ20. We are gona be in BWL next month, hopefully.

Hinkly

good luck in BWL... once you hit teh second boss. Vael let me know how you gusy do it.. we were ahead of the learning curve when we took him down and it took us a month before we got him down.. most guilds took about 2 months from what i heard...

talk about kick ass bosses.. and loot ]:D

Genoism

blizzard claims u can do all their instances with whatever spec u want. I guess we're gonna have to attempt to prove it right....or wrong.

Shadowwolf

They also claim you can run ZG, MC and the Baron in 45min or less in all greens which is BS. Kind of hard for them to make those claims considering they all built the game so who better to know how things work and what mobs they can do what to and have it work than they.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Genoism

i dont think they ever said u could do mc in 45 minutes....thats impossible...even geared up in teir 2 you might BARELY break 2.5 hours at best with non stop...ZG they said u could do in 3 hours i think and baron is only doable in tier 0 according to them. Back when the test servers were up everyone had their full teir 0 and ppl managed to do them. Not sure where u got that from though, maybe i missed it.