Curator down

Started by Genoism, June 22, 2007, 12:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

well gut...if you arent the soaker you dont need big AR :) Since your a prot warrior youll either be tanking the curator (who does exactly zero arcane damane), or youll be running down adds...there will most liekly be someone like gren who has more health than you and will thus get hit by the hateful bolt...if you do have the most health outside the tank though then yeah..AR gear is helpful!

hey emma!!!

Grendeel

Hiya Emma!

I hope school is going well.  It better be since u sacrificed WoW for it :P  j/k

Gut, if the AR gear doesnt nerf your tanking stats then it still can be beneficial.   The tank does occasionally get hit by the adds when they spawn and with their chain lightening.  (Arc always misses, dodges parrys it so he dont get hit :P ).  However if it nerfs your stats you prolly wont be using it.   That said having a gear set of each resistance will come in handy for other parts of the outlands.  It wont be wasted.

Tyban

GB I was taking some AR damage while tanking when the adds were spawning around the Curator but with the group pulling them away from you its no big deal.  I would not gimp any of your def or mitigation to tank the Curator.

Emma....Emma....Emma!!!

Nixphire

Quote from: Grendeel on June 22, 2007, 12:39:09 PM
Arc always misses, dodges parrys it so he dont get hit :P
Orly? When did druids get parry?  ;)

Arcdelad

hehehe..I dont parry, but gren isnt a druid, so I think we an be linient with him :) I certainly dont know COD from SOC from HIMH (hole in my head).

His point was the bosses miss me a lot...i do have a very high dodge rate...

Genoism

heyas emma! Wish you would join us again :p

I think AR was pretty important for tanking those adds, i had over 170 AR and if i didnt have it i'd be taking about 350 dmg more each second, which adds up real fast, real quick when it lasts throughout the entire fight practically.

Grendeel

No one should be tanking the adds.  Since everyone else survived with no AR gear on then you should be able to as well.  Looking at a fair bit of the combat log, Stach took just as many hits from the adds as you did Geno and he survived :P

on a side note, in the combat log, my curse of doom did wonders at times :P

The Curator suffers 21379 Shadow damage from your Curse of Doom.

This might be my highest damage ever ( i just wish i had remembered to use my improved curse talent... 50% increase in damage done :P )

Kaidelina

Hello Emma!!!

Good to hear from you and to know that you are still around.  How goes it?  Hope that things are well and hope that school/work is great. :)

As a side note, AR is not necessary to down Curator (soaker aside).  It is nice to have, if you can get some without sacrificing too much in terms of stats.  Otherwise, much better to down those adds asap to minimize arcane damage.

Jandris

Congrats all on downing the curator!
Emma - good to hear from you - miss you & hope you can join us in the game again.