1.12 Patch!

Started by Darkling, August 22, 2006, 05:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkling

Ok, so I go to log onto the game this morning forgetting that it is Tuesday. And Behold! 1.12 patch started downloading. Woo-hoo! (Just pissed because I just paid another 25g playing around with talent points two days ago, ouch).

un4

Heh, told you I was gonna wait 'till the patch to respec.  SF/Prep ftw! :P
un4

Vengeance

yes, but, al the servers are down except for very few, and if you dont have any chars on them you wont be able to play WoW till all the servers are-
char creation disabled because of Q  :'(

Kothnok

Quote-  Silithus
   Tortured Druids and Sentinels will now call only one Hive'Ashi drone on death.
I wonder if they can still possibly call no drone or if it's now always 1.  Still should make those quests easier.

Quote-  Fixed a bug that caused some non-combat pets to be referred to as
   Minions instead of Pets. Mini Diablo however has escaped this fate
   and will continue to be referred to as a Minion.
Hehe, Lyte still has her minion.

Quote-  Impact & TONS of others: The effect of this talent will now still be placed on the
   victim if the caster is killed before their spell reaches the target.
I guess they feel mages are supposed to die a lot?  It's the "if I'm going down, I'm taking you with me!" fix. :)

Quote-  Cat Form: This form now has an innate threat reduction component.
Hrm.  My tactics used to rely on lots of dmg equating to threat (used Cower a lot if I didn't want it).  Time to change tactics then, lol.

Quote-  Ferocious Bite: Book of Ferocious Bite (Rank 5) now drops off The
   Beast in Black Rock Spire. In addition, Ferocious Bite now increases
   in potency with greater attack power.

Yet another reason to return to UBRS. =)  The drop rate better NOT be similar to that stupid Hide of the Beast.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

QuoteNeutral guards are now able to see through the rogue Vanish ability.

Sorry TB, no more Ganking it seems...

Quote-  Ahn'Qiraj
   Lieutenant General Andronov's Aura of Command should no longer
   generate threat. This will hopefully prevent him from pulling aggro
   on the entire wave, leading to his untimely death.
hehe, and die he did...
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

QuoteNeutral guards are now able to see through the rogue Vanish ability.
WHAT?!  Not cool!  >:(
un4

Darkling

Yeah! Not cool at all. Down with Gadget and Everlook!

un4

un4

Jandris

Rogues are not the only ones favored by the new patch - a new epic weapon for hunters
http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=epichunterweaponeh7.jpg
plus a special quest for Tuesday downtime
http://www.blizzard.com/wow/screenshot.aspx?ImageIndex=17&Set=64

Kothnok

No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

un4

Oh man.  I played today, and I love this new patch:

Rogues got fixed!  Finally!
15 40-49 WSGs at the same time!  Finally!
8 40-49 ABs at the same time!  Finally!

In one hour I played a WSG and three ABs, instead of waiting three times that time just to play one WSG!

Edit: in BGs, you now need to use /bg to chat.  /raid no longer works.
un4

Gailzee

I'm loving this patch too! The cross realm PvP and contested areas are a great add-on to the game. Queue times are so small now in WSG! This means faster rank advancement.  8)

Lyte

Three words.

Instance....not....found.

lol

un4

un4

Gailzee

Well, outside of the bugs and lag, I am really enjoying the new changes.  Getting into 6 WSGs in 2 hours is previously unheard of, and yet I did.

I realize some enjoyed facing off against old advesaries and that is a minus to those who enjoyed those rivalries, but otherwise, it's great minus the bug/lag issues.

Also, I did hear that some wish there was more to taking the contested zones. Not sure what else, perhaps they wanted real cities(with NPCs to boot) that offered discounts to those who controlled them? I haven't been to those areas yet, but would love to hear what any here who have been there thought of it all.