10/2/07 Patch Notes (2.2.2)

Started by Shadowwolf, October 02, 2007, 09:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

[blizzard]
General
-  Brewfest has begun and members of the Horde and Alliance can enjoy a multitude of activities, quests, items, and even Ram Racing.  As Brewfest is about beer and food, revelers can sample the best beverages available in the world.
-  Observed by both the Horde and the Alliance, Hallow's End is the celebration of the break between the Forsaken and the Scourge. Adventurers can speak to innkeepers to get silly masks to wear during their adventures, and much more. This is just one way to celebrate Hallow's End.
-  New Holiday World Event: The Headless Horseman has been seen terrorizing local villages.

World Environment
-  Added a new graveyard to the Southern Barrens.
-  Added a new graveyard to the Western Plaguelands.
-  Added a new graveyard to the Alterac Mountains.
-  Added a new graveyard to the Searing Gorge.
-  Added a new graveyard to the Badlands.
-  Added two new graveyards to Tanaris.
-  Added two new graveyards to Winterspring.
-  Added two new graveyards to Stonetalon.
-  Added two new graveyards to Un'Goro.
[/blizzard]
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Vengeance

Buzan

Where is the brewfest being held? Ironforge?

Also I wanna see the headless horseman :P.

Vengeance

Its held on the left side of the ramp  leading to IF i think

usonian

those extra graveyards are going to make leveling new characters way more enjoyable.  the places listed had the worst corpse runs.  now if they would just put an alliance flight path in STV...

fiere redfern

Brewfest... like Oktoberfest?  ]:D My guess is there will be a LOT of drunken dwarves running around IF.

Also I'm officially in love with the new expansion. Anything that makes those god-awful corpse runs shorter in my book = win ^_^

usonian

From what I've read, the Headless Horseman is a summoned boss fight in the graveyard of Scarlet Monastary.  He's a lvl 70 elite and drops some nice gear including some awesome rings, a nice plate helm and flying broom mounts.  http://wow.warcry.com/news/view/77371

I'm wondering what is involved in the quest to summon this guy and what restrictions there are as far as how many times you can summon him, how often, etc.  If everyone in the party will be able to loot him and only one person needs the quest, we should get some kind of rotation down so everyone gets what they want off of him.  This seems too easy if we can just farm him for epics though, am I missing something?

Nixphire

Who seriously uses pyroblast as their main form of DPS? :o
Who wants to mount up and roll this guy?!

Shadowwolf

[attachimg=1]
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Buzan

Anyone down him yet? I'm still at work for a few more hours  :-[  :-[  :-[.

Shadowwolf

I dont think hes out yet, Hallows End hasnt started yet which is what hes tied to. Brewfest doesnt start till tomorrow either.

Nixphire

Wow, if the [wowitem]The Horseman's Helm[/wowitem] Looks like that, it'll be crazy. I also saw [wowitem]Hallowed Helm[/wowitem] on www.wowwiki.com/The_Headless_Horseman

Buzan

Wicked, we should farm this guy for items once he is out.

Gutboy

I gotta have that helm... and heck, it even goes with Goss's horse!

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington