A reason to burn through Kara one last time?

Started by Arcdelad, October 24, 2008, 06:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

WotLK World Event - New boss in Karazhan ?

This is NOT active on live servers for the moment. It looks like one of the upcoming phase of the WotLK world event will feature a new boss located in Karazhan: Prince Tenris Mirkblood. Tenris is part of <The San'layn>. The San'layn is a faction of darkfallen, renegade elves from Quel'Thalas under the rule of the Lich King.

The quest:

Chamber of Secrets
The Argent Dawn Emissary wants you to search the chamber of Tenris Mirkblood within the Servant's Quarters of Karazhan.

Description:

Excellent, an experienced adventurer. Precisely what we need. There has been talk from the Kirin Tor guarding Medivh's tower that something is amiss with Karazhan. There is a new power lurking within, one that answers neither to the Guardian's magic nor the Legion. From what they've scouted, it appears it is an elven prince called Tenris Mirkblood, and there is reason to believe he serves the Scourge.

Go, my friend, investigate Mirkblood's chamber, and return with any information you might find.

This rewards: [item]Monster Slayer's Kit[/item]...Ill keep an eye out for what the boss himself drops...

Gutboy

I would be dee-lighted to speed run Kara any time I'm on, new boss or no new boss. Got a few scores to settle in there still....

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Shadowwolf

I was waiting for them to do something with that door in the kitchen one day. Its been the only door that remains locked even after a full clear.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Gutboy

We have to go back, if for no other reason than to mass-pull the opera audience (intentionally!).

:Pumpkin:

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

un4

Get to Mirkblood's chamber most easily through Moroes' room.  Clear the entire circle around Mirkblood, and rebuff.  He pulls pretty much the moment you open the door.

There are two important details about Mirkblood:

He has an ability called "Blood Mirror" (or Mirror Blood, but you get the point).  He places a debuff on a random raid member who then takes the same damage that Mirkblood does.  This means you heal the crap out of whoever has the debuff.  A nice way to keep track of this is to macro it up.

/ra **[YourName] has Mirror Blood Debuff**

Pay attention to chat and you'll be fine.

The other important thing about Mirkblood is this: any time a raid member dies, he summons a glowing sphere similar to arcane sparks from the corpse.  These grow, and when they're full-size, they detonate on any raid members passing nearby for a crapload of damage.  These are invulnerable, but despawn on Mirkblood's death.

For the Fight, clearing the circle and slowly tanking him around it prevents the adds from catching up with you.  LoS can be an issue, so try to avoid corners.

After that, he drops BoJ, epics, and a pet that everyone in the raid can collect.  Be sure to visit his chamber after he's dead and read the "Orders From the Lich King."
un4

Tolwen

QuoteBe sure to visit his chamber after he's dead and read the "Orders From the Lich King."
I forgot to do that and couldn't open the door again to get it:(

Nasanna

I put a Kara run up for Sunday 10/26 for those who wants to give the new boss a shot. I have no idea if he resets with the server reset or what, so please sign up if you have not killed him yet.

fiere redfern

He counts as a Kara boss if/when you kill him, so make sure you haven't run Kara already if you want to just kill him - you may be saved to a different instance.

Jandris

I would like to try out this boss as well - any chance of a weekday raid?

fiere redfern

QuoteThe other important thing about Mirkblood is this: any time a raid member dies, he summons a glowing sphere similar to arcane sparks from the corpse.  These grow, and when they're full-size, they detonate on any raid members passing nearby for a crapload of damage.  These are invulnerable, but despawn on Mirkblood's death.

Just an FYI, this ability does NOT only happen when a raid member dies. The glowing spheres (Sanguine Spirits, I think they're called), spawn randomly and I think, right underneath raid members. I'll have to run the event another time to sure, but I also believe Tranq shot/kick/other physical abilities can be used to kill them without causing the shadow damage. Spelldamage, however does nothing. I was in there with my warlock helping Elsa out with a friend of hers, and while the hunter next to me was able to kill the orb, they were immune to everything I threw at 'em. It might be a good idea to have someone on Spirit duty instead of just powering through the fight, since the orbs can crowd around pretty tightly toward the end and wipe the raid.

Fleecy

It is fairly simple to get to him and quick too, Un4's comments suggest going to Moroes' room.  When our group did this yesterday, we actually went up the back stairs near the blacksmith, cleared the different chambers, then killed him. 

One of our raid members was a little curious and didn't realize he was just behind that door and so he was pulled a little early hehe so we weren't quite ready for him yet, I was just about to say that I needed to afk for a minute b/c I was on the phone with the vet when I realized we had entered combat again and that it was the boss. 

It was a little hectic because none of us knew what to expect that this boss would do nor did anyone have time to look it up lol.  In the end the only ones that were alive were Tolwen and I, popped heriosm and down he went....mind you we had a couple others alive till he was about idk 5% or so.