World of Warcraft Burning Crusade

Started by Khanus, October 11, 2006, 06:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think about what you've seen about Burning Crusade so far?

Rockin' Man!
5 (500%)
I'm not entirely sure, it has some qualities I like, and alas some that I could live without.
5 (500%)
Blizzard could have done all this without an expansion, but I'm gunna buy it anyways.
3 (300%)
This could be the end of the WORLD.....of Warcraft.
0 (0%)
Other (explain below :))
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Khanus

Myself, I dont really know the expansion has the potential to be great, and at the same time has the ablility to really suck. It all really depends on how its implemented.

un4

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that it'll be crap.

:Pumpkin:
un4

magnetite

How do you know without even trying it? But hey, if it's going to be another boring grind, mind as well quit while you're ahead. :)

Darkling

I'm sure there are going to be interesting qualities to it, but some things they have changed already have made WoW slightly undesirable. I'm gonna buy it when it does come out, but I know most of what has been divulged I don't really like or approve of. As a paying customer I would expect more as well as a world that is at least somewhat character friendly.

Genoism

i just read this post with this guy answering all these questinos about tbc and o my god...i dont know what to think, it feels like blizzard is going to drop a bomb on us. There are so many insanely awesome new things being added and changed that its going to kick ass no matter what. I hear lvling wont be so bad and that each lvl takes about 9 hours? This is coming from a shadow priest. The new lfg tools look awesome too, i think that now if u have someone in your group by a meeting stone it will port your group to it. Also mages will get a new place to port inside the outlands and thankfully, all classes will be able to take a port to any of the capital cities on a 1 way trip from this capital outland city.

Uh...a lot lot lot more but it best to see when it comes out. I think its going to rock and ya...lol it'll be fun.

Emmalina

From priests in the Beta I've heard:

-HP has grown significantly. Clothies can easily have 7k-8k HP with mid-range gear in the upper 60's
-Mana pools have not grown significantly
- + Healing gear now scales with the rank of the heal, so if you have say +500 healing, lower rank heals will only get a percentage of that bonus. Downranking = mana efficiency in long boss fights.
-Basically with these things and the Decursive nerf, it appears healing/priestitude is going to be tougher. I'm trying to decide whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Emma

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Arcdelad

I had a "guild" (we had our own private channel..not officially guilded like twilight) back when Starcraft was all the rage...same scenario - an expansion came out (Brood Wars)...here is what I took from that that I think we need to remember for this expansion...

when everyone buys the expansion we are all, for the most part, going to go back into solo / exploratory mode...instead of the typical mass grouping we do, everyone will want to explore the new features / changes that the expansion brings...this CAN lead to a sense of weirdness in the guild, as our routine of grouping for raids / instances is replaced temporariliy by a premium on solo play....this isnt a good or bad thing, just what i suspect from experience will happen...we have great group chemistry, so we will be back to running group things quickly...

also...players who play the same type of char will probably seem cliqueish...I know all the humans / zerg / protoss back in the day wanted to talk to each other and pick each others brains about the changes and how they could be useful..this is okay...some people may be offended by this, but its just a matter of all the hunters comparing notes about the new DPS, or the druids atlking about how they can respec and take advantage of new talent choices...again..can bring about a sense of weirdness...

people are going to snap judge certain parts (or the whole) of the expansion to be bad...people should wait a good month (at least) before making any permanent judgements about the expansion....this could also lead to excessive complaining and bitching in guild chat about how blizzard "messed up the game", or did this wrong, or that wrong...that talk isnt really helpful to anyone, but if someone sounds like that we should help he / she see the good things of the expansion...

i know after things settled with SC we couldnt even go back to pre-expansion play....so WOW as we know it and are comfortable with today will seem odd and foreign to us tommorow...everyone just explore the expansion, have fun, and remember we have an awesome guild...

just my 2 (or 20) cents...

Emmalina

The same Tier 3 priest who is answering questions on the boards about the status of priests in the Beta said that there are Blues, and even Greens with sockets that you can get in the mid-60's that are on par with current Tier 2 stuff. It'll definitely be tough adjusting to the new items and all and seeing what the new "must have" things are for each class. I agree with Arc that it'll be weird for a bit as we all go back to the world of leveling, but I can picture us grouping up quite often to grind, quest and explore in general. Not to mention the arena! It'll even out again as we all sneak up on 70. Luckily for me winter break from school coincides with the estimated release date, so I'll have plenty fo time to get to 70! Sigh....Starcraft was great....stupid zergling rushes in Big Game Hunters always got me  ;)

Emma

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Arcdelad

LOL......we all banned BGH after the first time....great memeories though....cant wait for World of Starcraft :)

Genoism

Quote from: Emmalina on October 13, 2006, 10:09:11 AM
The same Tier 3 priest who is answering questions on the boards about the status of priests in the Beta said that there are Blues, and even Greens with sockets that you can get in the mid-60's that are on par with current Tier 2 stuff. It'll definitely be tough adjusting to the new items and all and seeing what the new "must have" things are for each class. I agree with Arc that it'll be weird for a bit as we all go back to the world of leveling, but I can picture us grouping up quite often to grind, quest and explore in general. Not to mention the arena! It'll even out again as we all sneak up on 70. Luckily for me winter break from school coincides with the estimated release date, so I'll have plenty fo time to get to 70! Sigh....Starcraft was great....stupid zergling rushes in Big Game Hunters always got me  ;)

Emma

i loved zergling rushing! maybe i got u once :p

From the look of the new priest spells it seems like things will be easier for priests. I think they upper the amount of stamina that everyone will get it for many reasons, one of them being so that priests wouldn't have such a hectic time healing. Perhaps now they could even sneak some dps in while healing.

magnetite

I have a question to ask. What's the point of doing all that work and getting a level 70 guy decked in epics, and boom another expansion comes out and your stuff is now junk? Would you buy the expansion just to have your stuff replaced  in another expansion (those hard earned epics, or say PVP gear).

EDIT: 150% speed flying mounts are 5000g. Pardon my french guys, but WTF Blizz? I don't get it. As if 900g is hard enough to save up.

Emmalina

Their "justification" is that you'll receive significantly more gold for quests and off mobs in Outland. I have a hard time believing this wont completely mess with te server economy if true. Seems in this regard we lose either way. I agree though, it is frustrating thinking some of the our best gear now will be quickly obsolete.

Emma

magnetite

If I decide to buy it, I'm going to wait and see what people think of it first. So maybe wait a few weeks after it's released. If it's the same old, same old, then I may look at something else.

Shadowwolf

Well you know another way to look at it is its only going to be obsolete to those things in Outland and to players leveling to 70. So its not 100% bad, theres a little shred of positivity there, hehe.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

But if they change the # cap on some of the raiding instances, you'll have to have BC to actually get the loot from the current endgame.
un4