the Cataclysm is upon us

Started by Gutboy, August 21, 2009, 12:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutboy

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Shadowwolf

O...M...G....Worgen....

/faint

Dammit I want a worgen druid. Why cant I change races!

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Julliette

That picture got me tremendously excited to level one.  The worgen are coming, and it will be magnificent.  :Alliance Banner:

Tolwen

fiere redfern

Oh good lord... worgen, archaeology, kasdflj/a.kdlfsgj;qal/dkgsjv/algerh /giggle

Can't wait!

Zario

So that's why Blizz did a major freak-out when hunters learned how to tame worgen.

I'm pumped for this.  I wonder where lowbie zones will be if they're destroying vanilla wow with the cataclysm.  Or if this is sort of instanced like the DK starting zone.

Haderach

they're not necessarily destroying all of vanilla wow, a lot of the zones are changing because of the cataclysm, like barrens being split it two, different things are happening to different zones...

like the horde getting all of southshore.

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

Apolla

Blizzard is madly in love with their phasing technology it seems, so wouldn't surprise me if everything was phased.  I am pretty psyched to come back to what might feel like a new old world =P

*I am not concerned with the details.*

Haderach

phasing is going to be used for quests that have the world changing, there example was a coastline being swallowed up by the ocean.
its going to be cool as all hell.
but for the world in general, once cata is out, there will be no more Azeroth as it is now, its all changing.
even if you don't but the expansion, old Azeroth is going away come the next expansion.

I'm just excited for Hyjal, finally!

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

Shadowwolf

Im going to enjoy going back to the original zones even if they arent the same as they are now. Going to far away lands is a bit tiring now and all the old zones have become stagnant.

One bad thing is Lagforge will earn its name again im sure =(
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Tolwen

Quote from: Shadowwolf on August 22, 2009, 03:01:00 PM
One bad thing is Lagforge will earn its name again im sure =(

oh noes!!!!!!  :yell:
but i have to say..there was no place more "epic" than IF bank!!  :D

vakiller

well im not positive if this will work come expansion or if they will have a race changer by then, but if not you could always do the faction/race changer to become a horde then Faction/race change back to a worgen? it would cost 60 bucks tho. Just an idea

Shadowwolf

They are going to allow race change to Worgen, and I plan to do it, but its likely they wont allow it for the first 2-3mos after expansion release to avoid people changing to a diff race then hitting 85 as that new race.