*NEW* Chatroom

Started by Shadowwolf, April 03, 2009, 06:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Summary:
Forum now includes an interactive flash powered chat room.

Changes Made:
The menu bar at the top of the forum now includes a "Chat" option to open the chatroom.

Additional Info:
Latest version of Adobe Flash is required for use of the chat room.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

If you see a message that says "You have been banned" restart your browser or clear its cache and try again, should work fine now.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

fiere redfern

Also known as "wut r meanz Tuesday maintenance?"

And thank you, Shadow, as always =D

JohnnieRat

Idle curiosity... is there a way to change the lil icon next to name? the male symbol is funny though.... i r a boy!

Shadowwolf

Tony

Is this irc protocol? Can it be accessed using a third party program?

Shadowwolf

No, its not IRC, its a flash system with IRC commands. I didnt think a chat room like IRC would be used enough to set up, tho if it is, I may just do that instead since that would be more flexible. I just wanted a method for people to be able to interact live on the site without having to necessarily be in game on days like Tues maint and whatnot. Seeing 20+ people online at a time and no real way for them to talk "live" was kind of aggravating.

Nixphire

I know this would be close to impossible to pull off. But it would be pro if one day it could sync with /g chat

Tony

Shadowwolf

Quote from: Nixphire on April 04, 2009, 09:52:17 AM
I know this would be close to impossible to pull off. But it would be pro if one day it could sync with /g chat

You'd need a bot for something like that to work which is against Blizz TOS. Only way to do it aside from that is if they ever made some sort of API interface you could do direct calls to game servers, even then I dont see that ever happening.

Tony

If you want to install the irc server, I know how to manage it... I would be more than happy to. I used to be a server op on irc.gigarew.net