pally for dps anyone?

Started by Genoism, November 21, 2006, 10:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genoism

Ok so i brought my pally to the ptrs and remember im mostly GEARED to heal rather then dps. And now some numbers
Quite often i would crit with crusaders strike for about 900ish, i would hit with the unstoppable force for 700ish crit. Pair that up with seal of command which crit for about 500ish....that means a pally can dish out about 2k dmg using hardly any mana and that dmg is not even rare!...no buffs aside for the self pally ones.

In addition from lvl 14 pallies get taunt, consecration is now learnable. A passive trainable ability will now be that any heals recieved will give the pally 8% mana based on the amount healed.

Sanctity aura with talents will now allow everyone in the pallies group to receive 8% more healing from ALL heals.
Assuming the pally will pick up ret he will certainly pick up the imp crusaders judgement which will give everyone a 3% more to crit(with leader of the pack and a moony....thats 6% more to crit! pair that up with a proper BM spec'ed hunter and you just increased your raids dmg by 3% as well)

I have not tried protection or the holy tree and sadly i dont think i can afford to because it took me all my money just to learn the new skills. I have like...5g left :(

Suffice to say, i have no doubt that any future raid will want at least 1 ret spec'ed pally(imp blessing of might is also pretty nice). The dps is actually no longer laughable and with the proper spec the need for huge amounts of mana to sustain this dps is no longer an issue with the new talent that lets u get back all the mana you judged your seal for effectively freeing up your mana to use elsewhere like the crusaders strike and recasting seals without worrying too much about running short on mana. I can only image the insane dps a pally will do once they get their hands on some more interesting weapons that are from raids.

Hope this review was helpful :p

un4

Protection pallies simply don't take damage.  It's a nice change from a squishy :P
un4

Genoism

what??? pallies don't see through stealth?

Muridin

i might switch between speccs everynow and again, just to see how i like the 6 talent builds i created and linked ....

but im after damadge, so thanks for the review