Gaming Keyboard

Started by Cottonbaler, March 23, 2013, 01:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonbaler

The time has come to replace my aging keyboard. I was wondering if the mechanical key type are worth the extra money or is it just hype? Anyone make the switch?

I use it for work as well as leisure via a KVM switch, so it will see a lot of use. I could have one for each though without too much hassle.

Thanks in advance.

CB/BP
Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!

Friends help you move...
...REAL friends help you move bodies.

I Believe In Making Sacrifices. Can I Start With You?

Kothnok

I use a laptop for all my computing needs, so I doubt I would be of much help other than to say that I like lighted keyboards.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

Personally Im using the Logitech G19 atm. http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/g19-keyboard-for-gaming?crid=26

I like it because of the color screen, its handy for Vent because it shows me whos in channel, talking etc on the screen without my having to set up any kind of overlay on my regular screen.

Although its a bit overkill outside of that because I havent used the macro keys since I got it.

I also have the Razer Nostromos, which is exactly like the Logitech G13 http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/g13-advanced-gameboard?crid=26

I also dont use it that much anymore as Im not a competition PVPer but if I decided to ever get back into hard core PVPing and whatnot, id likely use it again.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Cottonbaler

Koth & Shadow,

Thank you!
Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!

Friends help you move...
...REAL friends help you move bodies.

I Believe In Making Sacrifices. Can I Start With You?

Raif

Shadowwolf

Yup, the G19 is basically that + a color screen. TBH the screen isnt all that necessary but I love it for Ventrilo. I dont really use it for anything else. It can do a ton more, play YouTube movies, show char stats, etc but I have enough going on my screen to use it for all that, heh.

Really good keyboard, Ive had this one for a few years now. Last one I had was the monochrome screen predecessor (G15) and that lasted me a good many years too till I decided to upgrade to color. I think I still have it in storage somewhere too because it still works, I kept it as a backup.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess