Newb Stories and Newb Levels

Started by Iliessa, December 06, 2008, 12:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iliessa

Alright, out with it! Everyone has done or witnessed something newbish at some point and most of us continue to do newbish things to this day. Lord knows I do. Lets hear your stories!  :D

I'll start us off:

The other day I was in AV on my Shammy and made it through to Drek's area. We destroyed the remaining horde there and tagged the RHGY. A warrior that had gotten his face smashed in whispered me asking for a res. Unfortunately I was still being shot by the archers in the East and West towers so I told him sure, just had to wait for combat to drop. So we wait... and wait... and about 2 minutes later my combat finally dropped. I start to res him and see the little green light, and when the spell completes I get a loading screen. WTF!! I'm standing in Aldor Inn with the 15 minute deserter debuff. I used Astral Recall instead of res.  :'(

Yeah, so I have moved my little shammy hearth far FAR away from my res button now. Oh I felt like such a newb. Now that I'm done being embarrassed about it, I think it's funny. Feel free to point and laugh next time you see me!

So I think it would be fun if we started a Newb Level system. Every time someone in the guild gets caught doing something of a newbish nature like that, the rest of the guild congratulates the poor soul with a Newb Level. We'd just need the officers to stick everybodies Newb Levels on their main toons character info in the guild tab.

Grats! Your skill in Newb has increased by 1! Level up!

When you hit level 15 I will buy you some [wowitem]Tigule and Foror's Strawberry Ice Cream[/wowitem].  :D

But until then, lets hear some of your previous most newbish moments!

Urmyboyblue

newb moment for the day, was in shatt a couple weeks back...and being in northrend i am used to mounting on my ground mount...i mounted up thinking i was on my flyer....and walked strait off the elevator like i was amazing, till i hit the ground!

JohnnieRat

fiere redfern

Where to begin, where to begin...

I've had Fie for about four years now, so there are -plenty- of noobish things to choose from >.<

My introduction to "Crowd Control" came wayyyy back when I'd played for all of a week, and was running Deadmines with my boyfriend at the time (who had three 60s(!!!!!), something I couldn't get over) and a pug mage. I was "tanking" (ie. running around like an idiot and smacking things with my paws), swipe-spamming and generally making a nuisence of myself. All of a sudden this sheep appears! I pay no attention to it, continue along my merry way, and of course break it. This happens a good half-dozen times before the mage, frustrated with good reason, yells at me: "STOP BREAKING MY SHEEP!!!" I ask my boyfriend what he meant, and received a "You're not supposed to hit those..." in reply. Such was my introduction to CC.

I also never realized what a priest's shackle was (I'd seen one on the same DM run, I was on with my bf) until several years later when I was in kara and shadow said "[name of priest X] please shackle star". Definite "Oooohh, so THAT'S what that is" moment there.

Nasanna

My first character was a mage. When I hit level 10, I saw the tip that I got a talent point and spent it. Fast forward to to level 30 or so. Another mage said "I'm fire, what spec are you?" So I read off each and every talent point I had in the arcane tree, wondering where he got these magical fire talents... all of mine had to do with arcane missiles and stuff...I looked a little more closely at the top of the talent tree and realized that there were 3 tabs to choose from!

So I immediately respecced fire. Doing SM Cath, someone said "mage, you have the longest range and are highest level, pull the mobs inside the cathedral."  Knowing nothing about aggro, I fired up my biggest pyroblast to pull each mob (this was back when it was a 10second cast and had a cooldown). I died every time I pulled. I knew it was the warrior's fault since he was supposed to be tanking  :P

Then Panzer introduced me to duels. He had a warrior of the same level. I used arcane missiles and fireblast because they did the most damage. No frost nova. No sheep. No blink.

Shadowwolf

When I first rolled a horde char, I made a troll. You start off as Neutral with Undercity if you create anything but an Undead char then. My first trip to UC, I couldnt figure out how to get inside, I thought that the doors kept closing on me when I got close because I didnt have Friendly rep. It seemed every time I got close to a door, it would close on me. Little did I realize it was just the elevator closing the door on me and it was only coincidence on the timing making it seem like it was closing on me. I realized this after I grinded my way to friendly with quests in Trisfal Glades =/
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Ity

Before Ity, I started a mage. When I hit lvl 20-25, I was taking my new spells..but there was one spell in red but I had the good lvl to take it. It was Pyroblast RANK 2 and I didnt have the RANK 1. I open a ticket and the guy said that he cannot help me with this because it was easy to get. I search for like 1 day how to get the rank 1. I asked Carysa (that was lvl 40 and have the Pyroblast) and we thought that was a bug. Finally I didnt love my mage so I started Ity. I delete my mage and I only know that Pyroblast was a Talent in the Fire one when Ity was lvl 40-50. xD   :-[ ]:D

un4

My first character was a NE hunter.

/wince
un4

Fab

LOL at Blue's comment first of all! I pictured it and literally laughed out loud  :D

Saw a William Shatner commercial = DL the trial version = got to level 20 in 3 days=
-didn't know why I couldn't go higher than 20.
-didn't know why I couldn't trade with people
-didn't know what all these talent points were (had all 10 split among the 3 trees)
-was randomly invited into a guild called "elevenfortyfive" at level 2.. and was somehow promoted to GM by level 7 lol. Had no clue what this 'guild' was, just that I had another name on top of mine.
-didn't know how to get rid of this name.. eventually found out how to put up a ticket, and asked to have this "name" removed from above me. Never heard back from them lol
-thought if i was a bear, the other bears in the wood areas wouldn't attack me ... was not the case  ::)

Got a whole lot more..but those first 20 levels were sure as hell interesting to say the least! 

Air

I didn't know you could eat AND drink at the same time for 2 years or so.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

grunkatze

When i first got Aspect of the Cheetah, I thought it was made to fight and i was very upset at getting dazed and was wondering why i was permanently dazed while fighting.  I didn't want to get rid of that aspect and I did that until lvl 30 or 40 where i notice it was only a travelling aspect and had a hunter friend show me how to use it (he didnt know i was doing that hahah)

Fleecy

My first horde toon was a BE mage, was in Org with cy, he was in the bank or something, so I was outside buffing everyone that had mana with Arcane Intellect.... and couldn't figure out why everytime I did that their mana would decrease.... obviously didn't read the spell, so I asked Cy, (who by that time already had Riddlerr to around 53 or so... ) he proceeded to laugh at me and explain that it gives u more intellect, therefore increasing your mana pool, making it look like they were losing mana... 

Up until that point I was under the impression it was similar to Blessing of Wisdom and that it would regen mana   :-[

moonras

Had my hearthstone right beside my food and drink icons, which i made really small in dominos btw, and accidentally clicked it inside of a dungeon instead of the other icons. Had to get a summons back. Next day, went to drink, clicked my hearthstone again, coudln't figure out why my mana wasn't going up, didn't notice the hearth bar. Did it again. I have seperated my hearth from everything lol. And this was not too long ago.

kajunlady

wayy back when kajun was a teeny tiny baby i asked the silliest dumbest question , while i was in IRONFORGE i ask how to get to iron forge that is all you may now put the stupid sign above my head

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

Arcdelad

I have one of my own, and one from an old guildee:

Mine: After a recent patch - the one that redid pally judgments and such, I was completely convinced that they took away our own pally bubble (becuase it dissapeared from my key mapping) and went about two weeks without it before Nix told me to just look inside the skill book - and there it was waiting for me =)

Someone elses: An old hunter guildee once asked me in whisper if the LAYOUT of a heroic dungeon CHANGED from the normal mode layout becuase she got lost after a wipe lol