ZA - timed event strat for bear boss

Started by Arcdelad, January 16, 2008, 12:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

we are going to try again tonight to get the extra loot from the bear boss in ZA, meaning we need to have him dropped and decomposing within 20 minutes....

here is a soft guide on what to expect so we can fly through it:

1) Once we hit the gong, Indy gets jumped by two trolls. Both tanks grab one, and a bunch of non-elite trolls come running out. AOE down the non-elites first (mages frost nova if possible), kill the trolls, then move right away.
2) Two pats roam the bottom of the steps - if we ignore them they will most likely pull while were fighting the first Nalorakk group, so we need to kill em. Group consists of one axe thrower and one totem dropper...I will mark the totem dropper for first kill. He will drop totems which make the troll himself invulnerable, so be ready to switch fast, kill the totem, then switch back to troll (enabling "v" helps see the totems drop).
3) 1st Nalorakk group - consists of three trolls - two axe throwers and one totem dropper. Sheep one axe thrower, tank the other two - totem dropper needs to die first.
4) Two unmounted bears - sheep / sleep one, obliterate the other - hunters make sure to tranq shot them when they visibly "grow". Take this time to drink if your a healer / caster.
5) 2nd Nalorakk Group - Four trolls - usually one warrior type, two axe throwers, and one totem dropper. Sheep two axe throwers, tank the other two, drop the totem dropper, warrior type, then axe throwers. DRINK FAST- next pull is harder.
6) 3rd Nalorakk Group - Two bear mounts with mounted trolls (warrior types). Tanks need to pull these two APART - they do an AOE debuff that can stack if they are both together and make the tank pretty soft. When the combined unit gets low, the troll will jump off the mount and the one MOB becomes too...mages need to sheep the bear ASAP - everyone else kill the troll, keep the bear sheeped, and start in on the other mounted bear. If possible, CC the next bear when it comes loose, kill that troll, then knock out each bears. Healers need to keep both tanks topped off here - the bears grow and can put up some huge burst damage. DRINK HERE - next pull is the hardest.
7) Last pull before nalorakk - two trolls (various kinds) and two mounted bears...CC both trolls (sheep, fear, or roots), and put one tank per mounted bear...becuase your CC is tied up with the trolls, you need to kill the troll AND then the bear prior to hitting the next mounted bear unit...once both mounted bears are split and killed, kill trolls. DRINK FAST - nalorakk is coming next.

Most of us know how to do nalorakk, so i wont go into detail there. If we execute the above 7 pulls well we should have 7-8 minutes left to down the bear boss, which should be sufficient. This all takes everyone on their toes, drinking fast, being ready for the next pull fast, and clean execution.

Lets get someone a chance at a bear mount tonight :)

Melonni

Looks good for the most part. :)

A note about CCing here - the totems MUST go down asap when they're dropped. This is especially important on the last group, 'cause if the CC breaks (for whatever reason, usually random) and they drop a totem, they can't be CC'd until that totem is dead. People being slow on this and/or not paying attention can result in having a healer shot down which means loss of time.

Also, the chests accessed via the timed events here are not identical, and carry specific loot. (According to WoWWiki) In order to get the bear mount, you would need to access all 4 chests within the allotted time - final chest yielding a guaranteed bear mount. It kinda stinks, but it seems the only raids having a shot at the mount are ones decked out in tier6. Regardless, the chest loot is pretty damn good. :D

http://www.wowwiki.com/Zul%27Aman_timed_event

Arcdelad

grats to everyone who completed the timed event last night - that was expertly executed! also, we had a very legitimate shot at the downing the SECOND boss in time as well....soon we should be able to do the first two bosses in time for some extra items :)

woot to another guild first!

fiere redfern

Congrats guys! Well done and well-deserved ^_^  :celeb_toast:

Nasanna

Nice work :) Looks like you got some nice lewt too!

Arcdelad

Some pics of the event after its done:

Trismus

It really seems like a DPS race, when it comes down to it. I honestly think this is completely doable, our last run every DPS was putting out ~500+ the entire raid (unless my parser is busted, which is possible). That's significant firepower, and without that one wipe we probably would have had it.

Besides, having a bear mount in the guild would officially make us ub3r.
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Tolwen

Gratz guyz!:)

is the bear mount  a 100% drop when you do the timed event? ???

Arcdelad

there are four prisoners to save, and each have a chest...the first three chests have a CHANCE at the bear mount (small i think)...the fourth chest is a guarantee bear mount...

Melonni

The loot table is described in the link I posted earlier.

QuoteThe loot from the event is dependent on the number of hostages you rescue. All loot is from the Zul'Aman timed event loot table (see below).

* First hostage will give a random piece of armor (iLvl 128).
    * Second hostage will give a random weapon (iLvl 132).
    * Third hostage will give a random ring (iLvl 141).
    * Fourth hostage will always give the [Amani War Bear].

http://www.wowwiki.com/Zul%27Aman_timed_event#Loot

Tolwen

capnpop

Shadow Priests in the healie group help a ton, i was able to chain heal through all the pulls without a drink til the bear boss, eagle boss was similar, although me not knowing what was going on screwed up the group there.