Server Maintenance

Started by Khanus, July 03, 2007, 11:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khanus

Whats wrong with blizz lately, every service day they extend the hours. This week so far by 2 hours, which means 3pm for me here in EST. Last week we were down for about 15 hours and the week before (patch day) like 16 hours down. It might not be so bad for people furthur west, but last patch day when I get kicked off the server at 4pm EST and the next day cant even get on before work at 7pm thats pretty bad. I dont believe Alex has had a rolling restart in about a month either. Did blizz just get a new batch of IT's or what?

Shadowwolf

I think the last patch created some really bad memory leaks and instability on the server end. They've had to reboot a lot of servers as well mid week due to problems.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

JohnnieRat

Just be glad we aren't part of older batches of servers that run on the older hardware... those ones get pillaged by blizz weekly it seems.