*CHANGED* Event Signup Look & Feel

Started by Shadowwolf, November 16, 2009, 05:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Summary:

The "Look" and "Feel" of the signup system was changed to be more congruent ($0.10 word) with the rest of the site.

Additional Info:

None of the functionality of the signup system has changed, just the look and layout of things. If there is a portion that is hard to read, looks funky, ugly as sin, please take a screen shot and post to this thread with a brief description so I can remedy it.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Grendeel

If i stare really really hard i can see the name of the priest that signed up for an event :P.   I think the colours are the same for the background and the priest names..or extremely close

TheGeneral451

ok, i thought that was just my pc at work.  Yeah can't make out the names of the priests on the raids. Same with the headers on Damage, Tank, Healer.

Tony

You need to refresh or delete your internet cache. I had the same issue. Your browser is still picking up some of the old one.

Tony

The things that I circled are kinda odd to me. It may just be my browser.

http://es.tinypic.com/r/2dgjrqd/4

And while we are on the subject, why does our week start on a Monday instead of Sunday?

Also, is there any way I can sync the calendar with an app of some sort to display it on my iPhone/Droid?

un4

un4

fiere redfern

Tony -

Shadow created an RSS widget about a year and a half ago for Vista and mobile devices that shows dates and times for the next seven events on the calendar. It will not discriminate between events you've signed up for and events you haven't, but it's still a good way to keep track of what's on the horizon.

Here's the post: http://forum.twilightonalex.com/index.php?topic=4265.0

As for the new event skin - the only thing that my eyes are having trouble adjusting to are the queue'd icons, and judging from the fact that the other icons have changed, I'm assuming that one will be as well =) Otherwise, looks great Shadow, thanks!

Shadowwolf

Quote from: Grendeel on November 16, 2009, 11:42:43 AM
If i stare really really hard i can see the name of the priest that signed up for an event :P.   I think the colours are the same for the background and the priest names..or extremely close

I think you guys need to flush your browser cache like Fi said, the background should be black and priest names in white so it should be easy to read them. If its not showing that for you, its likely loading an older version of the CSS template.

Quote from: Tony on November 16, 2009, 12:36:56 PM
The things that I circled are kinda odd to me. It may just be my browser.

http://es.tinypic.com/r/2dgjrqd/4

And while we are on the subject, why does our week start on a Monday instead of Sunday?

Also, is there any way I can sync the calendar with an app of some sort to display it on my iPhone/Droid?

Im not following why those items you circled are odd. Those are background header images for each subcategory of an event. Can you explain why they are "odd".
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

This is what it should look like. The header images match the background image if your screen size is 1024x768 or higher.

Shadowwolf

Ill look at changing the queued icon to something else. I can see where that might become hard to see with the coloring.

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf

Out of this group, tell me what one you can make out easier to be a "queued" icon on the system

Emmalina

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Jilinna

I'd say 1 or 2.

But overall, I like the new look, thanks shadow!  :)
Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful.
-PLATO

Air

For the sign up page, I'm not getting that black background. I'm actually getting a white background, which makes seeing the roles for the raid impossible.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers