Primalstrike Upgrades

Started by Arcdelad, January 18, 2008, 11:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

So...you've worn that Primalstrike Set for a while now as a feral druid. Ah...the times were good - many a beastie and warlock fell under its watchful eye.

All good things must end though, and lets face it, you havent washed that set in a good...well..never. Here are some easy and very effective replacements for the set pieces that raise your DPS, crit, AND survivability.

Chest

Primalstrike Piece: [item]Primalstrike Vest[/item]
NEW Piece: [item]Vestments of Hibernation[/item]

The +108 AP on the Primalstrike is replaced easily with the STR alone, plus the higher AGI means more crit and dodge. AND - ignore armor...i dont really know how to convert this into DPS points, but this cant be a bad thing. The armor and sta are GREAT too, adding some nice survivability.

Belt

Primalstrike Piece: [item]Primalstrike Belt[/item]
NEW Piece: [item]Waistguard of the Great Beast[/item]

Pop two +8 STR gems into the waistgaurd, and this thing blows away the primalstrike belt easily. Add in the high STA and armor, and again, this will beef up your skinny cat some.

Bracers

Primalstrike Piece: [item]Primalstrike Bracers[/item]
NEW Piece: [item]Vindicator's Dragonhide Bracers[/item]

Packed with extras like +hit, the vind. bracers are a slight, but significant upgrade. The +res, STA, and amor will also beef up your staying power. [item]Band of the Swift Paw[/item] is another upgrade, but personally i would make those your bear bracers.

You need to stack at least the belt and something else to overcome the +40 AP set bonus of the primalstrike set.

This set costs 135 badges of justice, and +/- 12,000 BG honor points.

Tolwen

Tnx Arc, wouldn't know about these items if it wasn't for this post.

Arcdelad

for me, its getting the damn BG honor thats a pain...i have the belt and vest, but getting the 12k honor is just painful...

BG premades anyone? hehehe

fiere redfern

Count me in =P

Especially since now it looks like I'll be farming them a while for all those fancy-schmancy resist gearz