Sample builds

Started by Arcdelad, September 04, 2008, 06:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

Ahh...so the days of speccing feral and being able to tank a raid boss, then come second in dps on the next boss are apparantly coming to a close. Until recently I would say "poppycock" to that, but then they added this mother bear talent in the mix which kind of cinched it :P

So...now...we get to be like any other class and respec if we are going to tank, or respec if well be on DPS.

Here are some sample builds - bear in mind that I am a rebel and dont value furor as much as other ferals, so feel free to strip those two points from imp. MOTW and put them into furor.

First stab at PURE DPS Cat based build:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?druid=53300213232220005312005331351203500010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Its tempting to chase after the extra crit in the resto tree, but 5 points to get it is TOO steep methinks.

Stab at pure tanking build:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?druid=50303213032021035312035031351203500010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

High threat, great mitigation, and if blizz makes gear for bear tanks like they say they will the expertise shouldnt be needed (although would be nice)...

Tolwen

What about Infected wounds as feral? I heard it doesn't work well with a bunch of bosses but having 2kinds of droood sunders would be cool O0
tnx for the builds btw!

Arcdelad

I have infected wounds in with my cat build I think...its a very nice dps tool, plus good for when you PVP...i think its a total waste for a bear build...

Airtotem

You have to at least TRY furor once!

You're like my bratty niece and nephew who smell their food and already know they don't like it before they even try it!

Once you go furor, you never go back.  Especially in PVP situations... Bearform, mangle (bear), bash, cat form, shred...   
or..  Get hamstrung, /cast !Cat Form and *poof of smoke* you gain insta 40 energy and are free of hamstring, make the warrior waste another GCD on his snare.

Arcdelad

ahem...i have three points in furor in either build.....

..........becuase they are now making me :P

Tolwen

Quote from: Airtotem on September 04, 2008, 10:00:27 AM
You have to at least TRY furor once!

You're like my bratty niece and nephew who smell their food and already know they don't like it before they even try it!

Once you go furor, you never go back.  Especially in PVP situations... Bearform, mangle (bear), bash, cat form, shred...   
or..  Get hamstrung, /cast !Cat Form and *poof of smoke* you gain insta 40 energy and are free of hamstring, make the warrior waste another GCD on his snare.

couldn't agree more!

btw what about feral charge for dps build? since it's gonna be useable in cat form it can be very helpful to the raid

Arcdelad

your right! i totally forgot that it was a cat form ability now! doh! back one point out of increased demo roar and FB and put it in there for sure

Nixphire

You can pvp with out charge? My resto druid even has feral charge >.<
I even had to sacrafice not getting Imp Throns to get that. Ooooh the humanity!

Arcdelad

you cant pvp without charge lol I HAVE charge currently lol

that was an oversight on my build :P

Vengeance

I was kinda thinking this for pure cat dps
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?druid=54300013232221005310005031351203503012000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
furor isnt as worth it anymore, since they've stated powershifting was never intended and doesnt quite work as well anymore, as i've heard. the difference between your build and mine would be the lack of infected wounds, feral swiftness, and imp LOTP. i feel these arent as needed, especially because we cant be sure infected wounds will effect bosses. imp lotp is nice, but 4% crit is nicer. feral swiftness, now being in effect indoors, is good but not needed at all.
im thinking, though, that feral aggression is now worth getting because of rend and tear. 50% added crit, that would put most druids at 8-90%+ crit on FB on bleeding targets, which will be very common, with rogues and ms warriors, and maybe even death knights (dunno). 12% added damage on to that will be great. the only thing i can see as a problem would be our long rotation  :P with savage roar, rip, FB, mangle uptime, shreds, tiger fury activation, energy is gonna have to be watched a lot closer for max dps.

P.S. i'm too tired for capitals  :-[

Arcdelad

its definitely going to be a lot more involved dpsing as a cat now with the new finishers and such...

I think increased movement speed is vital to dps - the sooner you can get to the next mob, the sooner you are dpsing it IMO and thus increasing your raid DPS...besides...I am impatient...and if i cant move quicker im all for it lol

IMP lotp is necessary for raiding IMO, pluys it makes soloing a ton easier as you are always healing yourself...youd be suproised how many times I am the next person after the healers on the healing raid charts without even throwing out ONE heal...its all passive...

The 4% crit is tempting, but 5 points for it is just TOO much...also, you have to think that in WOTLK, druids should be tipping 60-75% crit, since im already knocking on the door of 50%...4% isnt that much more when your already that high, especially when you are saccing other things for it talentwise...

the verdict is still out on infected wounds...ill have to field test it, but its still nice for PVP, and if your chasing any pvp gear itll be good to have...