WOTLK Ferals - Who is "what" list

Started by Arcdelad, September 16, 2008, 05:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

Well...it had to happen sooner or later...we ferals now need to make a choice with our specs....

1) Tank very well, but do less DPS then we are used to in cat form
2) Do more dps than we are used to, but not be able to tank as well.
3) Try and be in "the middle" and probably do neither optimally.

Since these changes will be implemented BEFORE the expansion, and we will still be raiding to progress through BC, and since we will be doing Naxx 10 man and such after, our raid leaders need to know what to ask you to do. Yes, we can always respec, but its nice to know what people's "base" spec are.

If you are a feral, post which emphasis you are going to follow (subject to change of course) so shadow, myself, lynn, and others know what to expect from you come raid time.

Ill start - I will be using a tanking emphasis build.

Vengeance

Arcdelad

noone considers you a feral druid anyway =)

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

JohnnieRat

Kothnok

> nice to know what people's "base" spec are.

I thought we got 2 base specs in the expansion?
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Arcdelad

I wish we could get two specs to swap between...they have deliberately made the feral tree now though to where you cant get all the tank AND dps tools at the same time...decision time ferals =)

psst.....well still do more damage tank specced then tanking pallies, dk's, or warriors not being used =P

Rocknlock

Diesel will be tank spec'd I'd imagine when lvl 80. Resto has always been appealing to me as well though, so we'll see ;)

Lynette

Widmere will be resto and very likely my main for raiding.

Feral was fun, but I did not enjoy rage tanking and I already have a rogue.

Emmalina

Could this thread be expanded/redone to a general thread allowing people to discuss what their plans are for WotLK? Specifically, a thread for people to discuss which character they plan on playing as their main, and what spec/role their planning to fill with that character?

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Tolwen

I would like be a tank build if it's ok.
Finally getting my gear to a place where I can tank in 25s:)
(Can always respec before raids if needs be as well)

Rocknlock

Emma, I.d make a new post maybe under warcraft discussion, just for the purpose of looking the thread up again. I wouldn't think a month down the road to look on the druid forum to see what one of our guild's lock's new main is gonna be. I'm just forgetful like that :)

fiere redfern

gogo lolprotdps!

...Fiere will be a tank, except when she's a healer  :o

Oilslick

Creole's gonna try to tank, but will end up being whatever i determine to be the most fun to play.  ;)