BG's

Started by Caedryne, September 14, 2006, 02:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caedryne

When I'm in WSG sometimes I can get over 40 kills and then the next time less than 5. Not much changed the horde are the same lvl's, I use the same weapon etc. Why is that ?
I started a horde toon just to see what they do in BG's - he's only lvl 11 but in WSG, they didn't even talk to each other - everyone was just running all over the place, I didn't see any difference at all, so why is it they win most of the time ?
I'd really like some advice on BG's - everyone I'm in no one has a plan, everbody is all over the place, we lose 90% of the time. I tried camping their gy a couple of times, it really ticks them off and they tend to forget to get the flag but you need 2 people to do it effectively - both times I did it we won butI was with someone else and it was really their idea not mine, but it worked very well, however I cannot find anyone else that wants to try it with me except that one person who's name I forgot.
How do you get your kills higher?

Darkling

The majority of the horde that go in are in preformed groups and they usually do wsg so much, they know their roles and what to do. Alliance are a predictable bunch when everyone goes off to do their own thing, unless they are preformed as well, which usually never happens from what I see.

Drygioni

I think the big thing is that the Alliance outnumber the Horde on this server by such a large margin. When you have more people simple logic dictates you get more morons.  I still think the majority of Alliance thinks honor is all about the almighty HK.  Winning nets more bonus honor than kills but the Alliance loses so much nobody notices!

Tolwen

to many kids that wanna be a NE!

I agree with , TB and Dry

Tyban

Unless u have a premade with ppl who are willing do to what is required to win, it is impossible to get anything accomplished.  Especially with cross realm BG you just don't know who u can rely on.  At your lvl only WSG and AB are available to u and if you get rolled by a premade horde group all u have is ur HK's.  You will enjoy AV more when played right by both sides and u will receive minimun 2k to 3k honor bonus even if u lose and alliance wins most of the time.

How many HK's u get in WSG will probably depend on how each side is playing.  Remeber with the new HK system, everyone gets an equal share of the kill if ur near the horde even if u don't do any damage to that target.  Before the recent patch, honor was divided by how much damage u did to the kill. Now all u have to do is stand there and do nothing as ppl kill horde, u still get HK's.

If HK's are all you are looking for i would suggest for you to stay with the group and don't go solo anywhere.  If you can get a group of ppl together stay between the ramp and tunnel entrance to ur base.  Horde have to use those two entry points to reach the flag. 

I recently started using Titan with Honor plus and it as greatly helped me track honor for the day.  It will also have an estimated honor for each of your HK's. 

un4

Well, I've PvPed as both Horde and Alliance, and this is my conclusion:
Alliance characters tend to attract the more casual players (Ooh, shiny!  Oooh, giant NE boobies!), whereas those more dedicated to walloping the tar out of other players tend to go for the badass horde look.  Most people start off Alliance.  Horde players therefore probably have experienced both sides of the equation.  As such, they're more experienced and know their role better.  The more casual players want to go out and scream "LOL HORDE FUCKING SUCK GO TO H***" (actually seen that before) and brag about their moderate amount of KBs, whereas the dedicated horde players don't need to run around solo; they know it's better to win.
un4

Darkling

What does this 'win' word mean?

Caedryne

I know you get more honor by winning and I'd love to win more often but I guess I sort of gave up because everyone else was just doing the kill thing while maybe only 2 or 3 of us were trying to get flag and were getting killed alot.

How do you get a pre-formed group together? As i would much prefer the honor over the kills.

un4

Preformed groups tend to be guildies or regular players who make a group of 5+ (based on which BG they're doing) and then join a BG as a group.  They hop on, often using Vent or TS to coordinate, and then kick some ass.
un4

Drygioni

I did quite a few wsg pugs in my lower lvls. When I was lvl29, 39, and 49 i would sit in SW and in LFG say "LF lvl38-39 for WSG". when they replied i would ask if they would work as a team and all that.  then once we have a good group of 6-8 i would join us as a group in the que. then we would stay in the group for a few games. won as much as we lost, depending on if it was against <ONYX> or not. lol

un4

I did that in my 30s.  I managed groups of ten people, versed them in basic tactics and then called the shots inside WSG.  Too bad they usually turned glory-whores and ran off on their own...
un4

Darkling

I call that bloodlust. Happens in AB all the time. We get 3 bases, then suddenly it's 'get the farm! get the LM! etc.' There is a funny video on warcraftmovies.com called 'PVP for Dummies.' It hits straight on as to how Alliance works in AB and WSG. Pay attention to what does go on in those BG's then watch the video. You can't help but laugh and nod your head in agreement even though no one is around to hear or see you.

usonian

This is why Twilight should do some guild PVP every now and again just so we don't get completely frustrated and put a fist through our expensive monitors when dealing with the glory whores.

I think the most consistently successful strategy that I've been a part of in WSG is when the entire group goes after the flag.  If all ten of us stay in a tight group and we have a talented runner, we always get their flag and can easily intercept ours on the way back.  When you actually get people to stick together (something I usually say about 20 times each WSG) it is a thing of beauty - too bad nobody ever listens.

Caedryne

Quote from: Thingiebob on September 18, 2006, 02:29:17 PM
I call that bloodlust. Happens in AB all the time. We get 3 bases, then suddenly it's 'get the farm! get the LM! etc.'

Absolutely, totally agree - I was leader once and we had all 3 and I said just hold them stay where you are and defend - Do you think anyone listened ? Not a chance. We lost.

Caedryne

Quote from: Usonian on September 18, 2006, 03:11:59 PM
This is why Twilight should do some guild PVP every now and again just so we don't get completely frustrated and put a fist through our expensive monitors when dealing with the glory whores.

I think the most consistently successful strategy that I've been a part of in WSG is when the entire group goes after the flag.  If all ten of us stay in a tight group and we have a talented runner, we always get their flag and can easily intercept ours on the way back.  When you actually get people to stick together (something I usually say about 20 times each WSG) it is a thing of beauty - too bad nobody ever listens.

Again totally agree - would love to do BG's again with people who you know, it's more fun, you get to know how they play and what they will do and they do what they say and you don't have to put up with insults and swearing, people leaving or people dropping the flag just because they have defeatist attitudes and when they are down 2-0 just want the game over with