Newb Stories and Newb Levels

Started by Iliessa, December 06, 2008, 12:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haderach

my first character was a gnome warrior, and after running deadmines once I went to go quest in redridge, where the white vendor gear had more armor, so i replaced all of his gear with whites at 20 something >_>

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

TheGeneral451

Zylax is my first love.  But leveling him and all that i Had no clue what gear i was to use.  Not until I met Bourne did i get alot better at my toon.  So leveling I would have blues and greens with +spirit, and +int.  Building a unstoppable roguedrood!

Tolwen

LOL great thread!!:)
I've had a lot of noob moments, here are some that are on top of my head:

When Tol was around lvl 10 or so I was walking in Darnassus, saw the reagent vendor and having played wc3, I thought everyone could use ankh, symbol of kings, etc...and wasted all my money:(
I leveled as balance for most parts and I remember meleeing mobs in night elf form a lot lol!
I still have no idea wth the spell soothe animal is or does....(and no i'm not gonna read it)
One of my first times doing Kara, I asked where do I get this book quest item, Arc told me it's in that room(in the hall before mores) as soon as I saw chat I head in the room without noticing all the ppl saying no and don't go now, there are still mobs.... and wiped the raid:(
There has been a lot of time while i was tanking when I had the wrong gear on...recently i have been accidently hitting a wrong button on my cast bar and changing to NE form in the middle of tanking a boss(thank you great healers for keeping me up!!)
Will post more as I remember:)

Arcdelad

This happened last night....

Invites go out to all Naxx signups, we get summoned, stage, and get ready to rock Naxx....the last time, we went in and beat all mobs up to Loatheb, who is the last boss of the plague quarter....the first people in are like "WTF - all the trash respawned in the plague quarter", which sucks, but we figured that was just the way it was and we were set to reclear..at the very first trash mob pull we are struggling to down the mobs, THEN a gargoyle pat comes...

I mark the gargoyle with an "x" - the way those work is that at 20-30% health they do a slow channeled spell, and if you dont kill them they regain like 50% health and you have to do it all over again...after the gargoyle regained his health a few times we start dying and run out....

at that moment I start lambasting the raid - for not hitting "X", for not dropping the gargoyle before the channeled spell was done...I even told everyone that if we couldnt even drop one trash mob we should all go run 5 man's to learn to play...

...at that time people notice that the instance was set to heroic.....meaning it was tuned for 25 players, NOT 10....

whoops...hehehehe

KittyPurple

my first toon was a troll rogue, which i chose based off warcraft 2, cause rogues started with throwing weapons... when i got a [item]Strong Fishing Pole[/item] i used it for 2 levels cause the damage was better.... when i got to crossroads i vendored all my armor to get a pair of white dagger, from a vendor, cause they were so much better than what i had...

Krin

I remember as a young priest I was always afraid to give people fortitude. If I did happen to give it to someone, all I saw was them 'lose' health as their total hp's were increased but their current health was not. I was horrified that I was killing these players with something I thought should be helping them!

It wasn't till I was in my mid-20s that I learned to read, and finally figured out what was going on.
In riding a horse we borrow freedom - Unknown

Darkonn

LOL...the very first time I went into Kara, I was asked to follow someone, and do an MD pull...ran around in circles for a bit, turning redder by the minute, hoping someone would pleeeeassee tell me what the heck an MD pull was (I was still very new to the guild at the time)...finally, someone whispered me, "Uhhhh...you DO know what MD stands for don't you?" I'd had MD for I don't know how long, but didn't know I had it, had never used it, and never even heard of it...if you could have seen me, my face was redder than it's probably ever been...  ::)

Trismus

QuoteIt wasn't till I was in my mid-20s that I learned to read, and finally figured out what was going on.

Sounds like Doc in real life  :P

Seriously though, this thread is $$$

This not being my first MMO, my newbness didn't show up until slightly later on. The most noob thing I've ever done, however, was involved with the auctioneer addon:

The "Price by unit" feature seemed awesome, I was using it to sort through ore, shards, you name it. Anyways, I forgot about it 15 minutes later and saw that most Greater Planar essences were listed at almost nothing compared to the normal price... so I bought out the ENTIRE market, probably 1000-1500g worth and re-upped the price to whatever the norm was at the time. Then, they sold like hotcakes. I repeated this process several times, and for some reason the fact that my gold supply was dwindling somehow escaped me. Several hours into this I finally realized what had happened, and that I had lost about 2,000g... lol

-Tris
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Fleecy

Quote from: Darkonn on December 13, 2008, 06:32:11 AM
LOL...the very first time I went into Kara, I was asked to follow someone, and do an MD pull...ran around in circles for a bit, turning redder by the minute, hoping someone would pleeeeassee tell me what the heck an MD pull was (I was still very new to the guild at the time)...finally, someone whispered me, "Uhhhh...you DO know what MD stands for don't you?" I'd had MD for I don't know how long, but didn't know I had it, had never used it, and never even heard of it...if you could have seen me, my face was redder than it's probably ever been...  ::)

awwe :-[  I remember that run...I'm sure it felt like a long time but it wasn't that long.   :snowman_smiley:

vakiller

First of all id like to start by saying im very cheap,and wow was the first mmo id ever played. So my first character was a night elf hunter and in the mid 20s i decided i wanted to do this deadmines thing i had been hearing about in general chat. So i stood by the summoning stone yelling "invite me to deadmines!" . i got a group and about 8 minutes into the run they noticed i didnt have a pet. I was bombarded by insults about not having a pet and kicked from the group.(haha i didnt have a pet because i didnt want to pay for the food) So after taking all this crap for not having a pet i decided i needed one. I went to the little graveyard outside deadmines and tamed one of those birds, then got another group for deadmines.this time they noticed i was rolling need on leather armor worse than my own(I did this becuase i knew nothing about stats and thought the item with the highest armor was the best) and i was kicked once again.

Emmalina

The first toon I created in WoW was a female dwarf rogue...

Speaks for itself really.

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Bombur

Knowing nothing about the way WoW handled stats, I leveled Bombur with the idea that, since I used Mana, and Int gave me Mana I needed every little bit I could find. And, Since the Dwarf Pally starter weapon was a hammer, I figured that this was the only weapon type I could use. It wasn't til Trismus saw me leveling a mutant hybrid spec, stacking int, with a two handed hammer from level 20 (this is at ~40, mind you) That I learned better. He looked over my shoulder and started laughing. :facepalm:

Lynette

Quote from: Jandris on December 13, 2008, 01:02:04 PM
What the hell is gnomer I ask my son, It's a dungeon - you should go he says.

Sounds like he was playing a joke on you, Jan. 

No one should ever go to that place.

Zario

I have the noobiest of the noob stories for you.  I think I start with +5 noob because my main IS STILL a NE Hunter. 

Noob story #1:  My first character ever was actually an Orc Warrior.  I had no idea what I was doing.  I wandered far outside of the starting zone and died so many times that my gear turned red and I had no money to fix it.  I couldn't fight because I had no gear.  So I decided to reroll as a NE Hunter.

Noob story #2:  I had never played an MMO before, but I had played a LOT of other RPGs with the classic mechanic of searching everywhere for hidden items: i.e., Pokemon, Zelda, FF etc.  This being said, it took me about a week to lvl from 1 to 10.  I clicked on everything!  In my great search for hidden items that I never found, I came across the waterfall that flows out of the west side of Darnassus and subsequently falls a LONG way down to the sea below.  I figured, this is cool, I wonder what's down there.  I could just jump and then do a corpse run and rez down there.  I had been stuck in Darnassus for a few hours because I had no idea the glowing pink hut teleported you to Ruth'theran village.  I jumped off of the waterfall and died on a limb of the tree about half way down.  Oh well, not a big deal, I'll just jump in the same place and rez on the branch.  I missed the branch and fell all the way to the water below thus I was unable to get close enough to rez.  So I proceeded to swim in ghost form CLOCKWISE around Teldrassil.  As I went around the island, I swam into each of the bays because I didn't know if I'd find anything, such as a spirit healer, to save the day.  I wish I knew how long it took me to swim around the island.  But by the time I rounded the east side of the island, I was swearing that this was the stupidest game even and I just wasted $40.  And it's not like I would restart a new character once I got stuck.  Only a total noob would do something like that.  :P

Muridin

I was around level 20, in the Wetlands, and i wanted to take a boat over to kalimdor, and i asked how long does the boat take, and someone replied it takes 45 min. And i believed them! Until my then guild Kings under the Mountain told me it doesn't take that long. /facepalm