6/20/06 - 1.11 Patch

Started by Shadowwolf, June 20, 2006, 07:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

My downloader has been sitting at 83% for the past five minutes  >:(
un4

Shadowwolf

Im throwing it up on the server but it might be a while. Its about 97MB.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

un4

Tyvm - servers are still down though :(

It took like an hour to download the patch through Blizz...
un4

Dragonswine

man my downloader is screwed up its not downloading at all and it says firewall up and i dont even have a firewall dammit  >:(

Dragonswine

argh now it says the tracker is not responding. >:(

Shadowwolf

Rather then fiddle with the horrible program that is the WoW Downloader, I did it the manual way.

Download the 1.10-1.11 patch here from Fileplanet: http://www.fileplanet.com/164755/160000/fileinfo/World-of-Warcraft-Patch-v1.10 (150MB)

Then, extract the 3 files from the zip in your WoW directory into the "wow-patch" folder. If that folder doesnt exist, then make it. Then, run the WoW Downloader program "WoW-1.10.2.5302-to-1.11.0.5428-enUS-downloader.exe" and it should start the patch process.

This was the easiest way to patch for me, waiting for the downloader took forever and I dont trust it anyhow.

Also, you have to actually log into WoW once to download the patcher/downloader. Once you do you can cancel the download and close it out then do the above steps.

Download Mirrors:
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=8986

Dragonswine

good god lol thx shadow hopefully that will work then cuz im still at 5% complete on the damn downloader

un4

I helped take down a 60 elite scourge in SW today.  Then I spent ten minutes trying to log off :D

/sarcasm
un4

Dragonswine

after reading some of the forums most useless talk and arguing as always.people were saying that the background downloader that was comin up the past few weeks when you logged on the game was part of the new patch loading and since im outta ideas lol im gonna try it.if that doesnt work then well i guess ill just have to wait that 43 hours for it to download.i tried it your way shadow it worked somewhat just dont wanna wait 43 hours for it lol >:( ]:D 8) ??? ;D ]:D

Shadowwolf

Yea i figured even the mirrors would be jammed up too. First day of the patch and since the Blizzard one was buggy many people went the manual route.

Csiwillows

Sup guys. First time on forums.
Yer my downloader froze at 84%. so i just downloaded it off fileshack.
The patch is installing now, im prety sure its gonna work.

un4

I disabled my firewall for about five minutes while I was at 83%, and I watched my download rate soar from 0.00 kb/second to a blistering 2.02 kb/second.  After restarting it three times I finally just decided to wait.  Ten minutes later I was back up to 30-75 kb/second.

And Bliz talks about their functions which make the downloader faster.  Lmao.
un4

Dragonswine

god i hate livin in the woods of VA argh lol.all we have out here is dial up so i left my downloader up all last night and all day today and it just went to 78% so i probably wont be on tonight either. >:(im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bored and my xbox is not fun to play right now >:(i wanna play my druid dammit :'( >:( :( >:(my kb/s just jumped to 2.00kb/s and down to 0.00kb/s omg im never gonna be on there at this rate :( :'( >:(