2.3.0? Soon...

Started by capnpop, November 01, 2007, 01:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capnpop

Today I noticed my Blizzard Background Downloader start...2.3.0 here we come...

genny

I hope so!  I have alts to level!

Nixphire

Quote from: Too soon! You have awaken me TOO SOON!

:Fire Elemental:

Tolwen

aww I just downloaded the add-ons for 2.2 today>.<

Jilinna

i dont know wht is wrong but ive been trying to download the patch for an hour and its stuck at O % and it says No problems detected so im not sure wht to do :Mummy:
Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful.
-PLATO

genny

I've been able to get it all already - check your router?  or if you're at a school location they have been known to block blizzard update traffic :-/ 

Jilinna

Nope im at home...my internet connetion keeps switching between Fair and Good signal strength i use a wireless internet connection also..hmm it says 1.5MB of 222MB i think its downloading something but it is taking a year!...im downloading it on 2 diff comps and my other comp its at 27% but its been on for longer too :-\
Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful.
-PLATO

fiere redfern

That's really weird. I'm not at home, but doing a search on the 'net brought absolutely NOTHING up for WoW 2.3.0. Usually FileShack or FilePlanet has the latest patch for download on the same day Blizz's downloader starts, which btw would probably solve your problem, Jilinna. Blizz's downloader has a history of being touch and go for downloads (for me, at least - saying there's a firewall in the way when there isn't, spending an hour at 12% before starting up again...) If you save the executable to your hard drive before you start the install via either of those two sites, you shouldn't have a problem.

Which again brings back the issue that nobody seems to have anything about 2.3.0. *boggles*  :One_eye_ghost:

Jilinna

Yeah i just checked out the sites they dont have them  :Franken:..keeps closing if im on wow sigh i guess i wont be on for awhile its not working while im on wow..hehe not sure whts worse not being able to play wow while downloading or going crazy cuz its still at 0%!  :Mummy:
-PLATO

fiere redfern

Well, if you're still having trouble Jil, when I get to my apartment I'll start up the download process. If/When it finishes, I will upload the file to a torrent site and send you the link - then all you'll have to do is save it and install from there =)

Jilinna

tht would be great thnx u =)...hehe update on my progress well its improved im finally at 1 % XD
-PLATO

fiere redfern

Blar - well that didn't work out too well. When I logged on, I didn't get the downloader gui - mine's only starting the "pre-download" process; downloading select files so that the REAL patch doesn't make the server asplode. Though, if someone else -did- get the patch loaded and installed, they can do the same and load it onto a torrent site for download =)

Nasanna

Just a future heads up, all "whole" patches come out on Tuesdays, the pieces and parts can come out whenever Blizzard feels like putting  them out. Also, you wouldn't be able to log into the game at all until you'd downloaded the whole patch if it was a patch day!

:pumpk5: :pumpk3:

Must... use ghosties and pumpkins before they are gone!
:Ghost: :One_eye_ghost:

Shadowwolf

You know when the patch is coming live, its usually 2 weeks after you see the download manager start sucking up your bandwith on it. The Tuesday after they take the PTR servers offline is also the giveaway. The usually take the PTR down a week prior to the patch going live.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Jilinna

ahh kk i got it successfuly done on one of my comps but im not soo sure it worked because when u press the start up for wow it still says "data for then next patch is avaliabe. download will start after you exit world of warcraft. " which i did and nothing pops up so either ive downloaded or idk lol =P...i think i downloaded a part of it  :-\ 

lol only way it downloaded was i left it on all night and this morning and when i came home around 4:30 ish it was done ..so took a long time for me anyways
-PLATO