"been waiting a long time for this" achievement bug response.

Started by Rocknlock, May 04, 2013, 10:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocknlock

the response I got from a gm tonight...

"Hail and well met, Ípman!My name is Game Master Damrodrial. The wait times can be long, so I appreciate your patience! I had a chance to go over the issue here and it sounds like you completed an achievement, but didn't receive credit. I know how frustrating that can be, Ípman. I'd love to help, and I'll be glad to investigate!After looking through the logs, it seems likely that you've encountered a bug. While we won't know for sure until the folks at QA have had an opportunity to look into it, it does appear that achievement isn't working correctly. I've created an internal bug report in your name, Ípman. While we're not able to grant the achievement, your report could be instrumental in fixing a possible issue. Thanks so much for the report!I'm glad that I was able to resolve your issue, and if you find you need any further assistance, you can hit reply to this message.Thank you for your time and patience here. I hope your adventures are half as epic as your loots!

Kind Regards,
Game Master Damrodrial
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
http://battle.net/support

Shadowwolf

Oh ffs...

So what, no one can get this achievement then till the bug is fixed? When the hell will that end up being?
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Rocknlock

Dunno. Dkjoe's repsonse was similar from what he wrote in gchat. Said the gm told him to try again and that "sometimes it will jump stacks and not count for the achievement right". might be worth it to try one more time on tuesday.

Grendeel

Quote from: Rocknlock on May 04, 2013, 10:45:09 PM
the response I got from a gm tonight...

" Thanks so much for the report!I'm glad that I was able to resolve your issue, "

http://battle.net/support

That would annoy me so much more than them not even responding.  Its like their asking someone to go ballistic on them  ]:D

No the issue isnt resolved and you did nothing to help.

Shadowwolf

We'll do it Tuesday and let it hit a higher number to be safe and take a screenshot to throw at Blizz on the forums if it doesnt work.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Vengeance

What's the issue you guys had? I was duo'ing this on 10man a few months ago and had some serious problems, but we finally got it after going through a LOT of wowhead comments, lol, so I might be able to help