Weapon Skill...Psssh...im a Feral Druid = Not so fast

Started by Shadowwolf, January 26, 2007, 07:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

As of patch 2.0.1 (the thing that exploded WoW before BC), the following change has been made for ALL classes:

QuoteThe player will gain 0.1% to their critical strike rating per weapon skill against monsters above their level.

This means, youre crit % for all you feral druids in Cat form goes up that much for every skill point close to max you have. Where you thought weapon skill was meaningless in Feral Forms before, that is no longer the case. It works like Rogues and the other classes now where you will benefit from max skillup on the weapon you are using in feral form, be it maces, daggers, etc.

Thats the reason they now have Feral Weapon Skill items in the game, to benefit druids in form as +maces, etc dont carry over into forms.

See the following post for more on that:

http://forum.twilightonalex.com/index.php?topic=1753.0
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Arcdelad

thats fine...although maybe blizz wasnt thinking too hard about this considering do less damage than a priest if i just sit in normal NE form and whack at something...i say that becuase you have to make a concscous effort to up thsoe skills as a feral druid, otherwise you would never in your right mind set out to actually use your weapon to attack something...

guess i better find a level 59 mob that cant hurt me too much, sit there and whack at him for a while, and cast regrowth and innervate as needed to keep the battle going...im at 270 in staves (most BC feral druid items are staves it seems) and 300 in maces....

Shadowwolf

Healy Furblogs, work really well as you heal yourself, they heal themselves and the fight lasts forever, kind of like 2 Resto druids dueling. That or grab a lock friend whos bored and banish a few demons.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

I went and ran the stocks on Dvalin when I switched to swords. 
un4

voctovian

What also works well is to get a low level item (from runs through VC/SM/Gnomer for instance) and beat on some mob with lots of health... if you get in trouble, kill it with spells.  That is how I levelled swords and daggers on wrathency.  I did it on the tar lords in ungoro as I got the occaisional essence too.  You know, mages have so much strength and agi :)  I used ice shield to keep from being mauled too much, not as good as regrowth, but it lasted quite a while.  For level <59 mobs, you could also bring some [wowitem]superior healing potion[/wowitem] as they arent very useful when you are using BC greens with tons of stamina.  You just need to watch that you dont get adds since you will be taking a while to kill things.

A favorite way to get Voc's skill up was to use other weapons when running people through dungeons... while it might take a little longer, it was normally no risk.

Vengeance

sadly, with druids, theres only two handers that are the best for us and their always slow :(

Tankgrl

It is almost impossible to skill up to max. I tried for a couple of weeks to just whack at stuff instead of casting spells. I hear that it helps to have an int buff, but that did not seem to change anything. Any suggestions?

Kothnok

Azshara, a healing ghostie, a slow two hander, a good movie to watch. =)

Koth fought the same ghost for over a half an hour one night to get his staff skill up from 230s into the 280s.
They don't hit too hard and when they stop to heal, you can too.
I had to stop doing that around 280ish because then I could kill it with just bashing it to death even as it healed itself.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.