Seed of Corruption is a MYTH

Started by capnpop, February 04, 2007, 09:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capnpop

Some of you may have seen me mentioning a spell that is left unmentioned.  I figured I better warn you.  It is called Seed of Corruption.  It has a 2 second cast time, and if you have it on you there isn't much you need to worry about.  You'll take a maximum of  1100-1450 dmg or so from the spell, it disappears after you take 1044 dmg.  Everyone around you (after 1044 dmg is done to you, any kind of dmg, it doesn't need to be from the seed) takes 1100-1500 dmg (before +dmg and crits).

It costs around 880 mana to cast (I can cast it 8 times before I'm out of mana) but it's worth every little bit.  It has a 15 yard radius for the explosion (30 yard diameter of death) but doesn't effect the person it starts on.  The explosions can't proc each other (at least from the same person, don't know about other lock's SoCs), but it doesn't matter all that much.  In AV I've been able to get 4-5 seeds off before dying, that single life I did over 50k dmg.  This spell can wipe an entire group on a boss in AV (hooked it on 3 people while they were on Van).

Basically, if this spell lands on you, you need to either die, prevent all damage, or run away from everyone else.  If you are like the hordies i've put it on, they run into a crowd and it procs.

Well, happy hunting

Genoism

i dont really understand what u just said....

dharq

[wowitem]Seed of Corruption[/wowitem]
Seed of Corruption (@ lv70)
Rank 1
882 Mana
30 yd range
2 sec cast
Imbeds a demon seed in the enemy target, causing 1044 Shadow damage over 18 sec.  When the target takes 1044 total damage or dies, the seed will inflict 1110 to 1290 Shadow damage to all other enemies within 15 yards of the target.  Only one Corruption spell per Warlock can be active on any one target.

In other words, it's just another dot as far as the target is concerned... After the target receives 1044 dmg, the seed AOEs out to hit everyone within a 15 yd radius and deals 1100-1200 dmg to them. Basically what it boils down to is warlocks have an immensely powerful AOE to use against zergs. Kinda meh against a solo target.

Darkling

Heh, I have had that cast on me. Stupid Warlock must have been betting on the chance that my Cloak of Shadows wasn't up. It's a 50/50 on a rogue above 66 for that to be effective. Now I know how Capnpop got over 400 thousand damage in that av before he left.

BTW, Cap, thanks for leaving, it put me in the number 1 spot on alliance ranks.

capnpop

very meh against single targets, against a tank getting pounded on and healed constantly, fantastic if they are grouped up. (watched a shamman start to melee his way through our people with a pocket healer, the AoE that he dished out for me totalled around 55-60k dmg before he got to me...)

my seed AoE hits for 1400-1500 with crits around 2200-2400.  I don't know if it's "overpowered" but if you aren't aware of it you can assist in the wipe of your entire group.  Also, hordies tend to be somewhat ignorant at times and let me cast multiple seeds all over the place during a massive fight.  The result is hillarious...

Edit: oh, np TB, i got sick of zerging and dropping a couple seeds, dying, repeat...it did great things to my overall damage (over 511k when i left) but my Hks and KBs were quite low (since i prolly dropped a seed or 2 and died before the "pop").  Most rogues i've dropped it on have basically ignored it.  That one DoT doesn't stick long enough (9 seconds or 3 ticks) to make them want to burn CloS...if I load them with all 4-5 DoTs they turn all purpleish and all my DoTs dissappear...

Edit 2: Sorry for the above confusing post...it was late and I was tired.... :S

usonian

there's something slightly disturbing about locks running around implanting "demon seeds" in other players that eventually explode out of them...

Arcdelad

only if its part three and the chick is now bald...

...lets not even talk about winona ryder...

Genoism

so if the caster of the spell dies it doesn't aoe?

usonian

i think he meant that he just didn't get the HK's or KB's because he was dead and you have to be alive for those to count.

capnpop

Quote from: Usonian on February 05, 2007, 02:42:04 PM
i think he meant that he just didn't get the HK's or KB's because he was dead and you have to be alive for those to count.

yes, that is what i meant

Arcdelad

is that a curse type that a druid could dispel?

Kaethdorala

I hope its a curse but I doubt it. Sounds like magic to me.

capnpop

it's in the same line as regular corruption (magic?).  I can't have Seed of Corruption and Corruption on the same target (really annoying to constantly need to decide if I need the AoE or not...).  For narrow areas (flag bridge in Eye of the Storm and Dun Baldar bridge in AV) I try to stick with SoC, it's burst is guarenteed to take anyone around there out of stealth...

Kaethdorala

ya its magic if its like regular corruption.

Arcdelad

i think after all these posts though you shoudl change the title of 'spell that remains unspoken about' :P