Planned Build For Hektör

Started by Khanus, April 17, 2007, 07:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khanus

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warrior/talents.html?023050113520105200212005500010400501200000000300000000000000000000

Ok, so first I plan on leveling Hektör to 70, and pretty much doing arena/pvp with him. Of any toon I've ever played I had the most fun with my old FM warrior that I lost. I am planning on having the [wowitem]Lionheart Blade[/wowitem] at 70, which is why I'm speccing sword spec. There are really only two things I'm worried about. First is Anger Management, this talent use to decrease the rage decay out of combat back in the day, but now I see is a RP3 now. Any thoughts/experiences with this? It is still as decent as the way the decay reduction use to be? I have it atm while leveling Hek, but I can really tell unless I were to spec out of it. If it proves a useless point I'd finish off IMP Overpower.

Second is my concern with Enrage and Deathwish, the PTR states:
[blizzard]* "Death Wish" and "Enrage" effects no longer stack. [/blizzard]

I'll have plenty of time to hear from others if it is worth the 5 enrage points if this is implimented. If not I'd change some things around in the fury tree. I was also thinking about moving the 5 points from booming voice to unbridled wrath, but I dont think 5 points would be well spent on that talent using a slow 2h sword. Everything else I think is self explanitory. Imp intercept, Deathwish, Piericing Howl, MS all good stuff. Some might say putting points in Iron Will and Second Wind is somewhat contradictory, but I view Iron Will as prevention and Second Wind as a saftey net of sorts. Also Two-Hand weapon spec, I was thinking 5 points may not be worth it, but I dont really see any other talents higher in the tree I would like to spend it on other than possibly filling out Deflection and Imp Charge.

Khanus

No thoughts, comments, criticisms, arguments, or any other words of encouragement?

Genoism

i find enrage pretty worthless with a 2 hander. Next time i respec im dropping it. Im def taking up imp blood rage though.
Also imp over power is kinda..meh...put it elsewhere if u can. The imp thunderclap is really great vs rogues and other melee classes.

I would also pick up blood craze over imp shouts. The shouts really don't do that much...

Khanus

To adcance down the fury tree to the next tier I need 10 points. What else would you suggest I get? Unbridaled wrath isnt that great with a slow 2h weapon. Look at it this way, anger management generates 1 rage per 3 seconds while in combat, unbridaled wrath generates an extra rage point when I hit somthing (every 3.6- 3.8 seconds), and on top of that it only happens 40% of the time. While duel wielding two faster weapons or a slow and fast whichever this talent would be worth 5 points. The only other talents is imp demo shout. I cant even get to Blood Craze with out spending 10 points, so I have to choose. Also Blood Craze is also a good PvE talent, not really the best pvp one. The good thing about booming voices is also the increased duration. If you dont use your shouts in pvp you're pretty much gimping yourself. If I drop two points from the fury tree for imp blood rage, the only place to do so is out of imp intercept, and I'd rather not take them out, the reduced cooldown should let me have some fun  ]:D. As far as enrage, yeah if enrage and deathwish no longer stack I'll be dropping it. Imp thunderclap is great but at most it'd just be the transfer of one point from imp overpower to it.

Jandris

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warrior/talents.html?320050213320103230110000505003401500204000000000000000000000000000-MS/speed
my fav for dps but easy to pull aggro if you go in instance

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warrior/talents.html?320050213220105230000000505003401500205000000000000000000000000000-fastest    DW speed and 2h speed no MS or Blood Frenzy

Death wish is ok if staying in arm's stance,   Improv rend is waste put in deflexion or inprov heroic strike, tack mastery not needed for shift stances you will retain 5 rage after shifting without,I like improv hamstring, try to invest in flurry even if 2 or 3 pts, 3 pts in sword spec is plenty, you can change it up to include mortal strike & blood frenzy.

Note: this advice is from my son who plays a warrior on Shattered Hand (pvp realm)

Khanus

I switch in an out of Battle/Zerker stance quite frequently. Having to dump rage so I dont lose it before switching is annoying, so is waiting for it to build backup to do anything in the new stance. Even with the addition of the passive skill that lets you retain 10 rage after stance. IMO imp heroic strike would be a waste since I hardly ever used it. Mostly in PVP I run around and try to get out of range of their attacks comming in for dots, debuffs and MS hits every few seconds. Flurry defeats the purpose of having a slow weapon for Huge MS burst damage. In my experience blood craze isnt worth the points in pvp and is more of a pve talent, and I explained my feeling on unbridaled wrath in my earlier post. I had improve hamstring on my FM warrior for a long time, and while it was nice when it procced( which seemed very rare, even though I'd HS 99% of my opponents) I'd rather fill up sword spec giving it almost 50% chance more to proc than the 3 points you recommended. Your build also leave out my favorite part of the Fury tree, Piericing Howl, how can you not love an AOE snare :o The difference in builds could be because of a difference in our play style. I try to engage as many enemies as possible on my warrior to break up Horde offense and buy alliance more time to screw their heads on. Especially in Wsg, trying to aggrivate and slow horde after our FC is very important. Also there is somthing sinister about intercepting from one group to another poping intimidating shout, running back to the other group whirlwind and piercing howl. Even though you'll die...(unless you're being pocket healed) you just stopped 4 players from controlling their toons for a few seconds and slowed another handful down. Of course you wont be doing that all the time, but in a tight situation that could buy the FC more time, or save a node in AB from being captured. Arena would be different as its a deathmatch and not objective driven. It's cool seeing how other people set up their trees though.