Where I should go from here?

Started by Jilinna, September 25, 2007, 07:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jilinna

Heyy guys..ok im right now i am lvl 30 rogue, obviously or i wouldnt be posting in rogue forum:P..lol anyways i was wondering where i should go with my talent tree and if its good to lvl by any tips, suggetions, absolutely anything to improve my build is highly apperciated...my current build is as follows:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Alexstrasza&n=Jilinna

hope i get some responses..and thnx for the suggetions really apperciate it =)
Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful.
-PLATO

usonian

Follow my character link for Apate and you can see where she's at right now at 40 (sorry I can't see armory info at work :'().  I always level my rogues with swords and just SS spam Eviserate over and over.  It might not be the most fun method of playing, but it is the fastest way to level. 

Start with the 2 points in Imp SS then move to the Assasination tree and follow what i've done with Apate.  Focusing on Assaasination early on will allow you to do more damage, improve your crit chances, and possibly add combo points while fighting - all things that aid in leveling as quickly as possible.

After I put those points into the Assasination tree on Apate, I moved back to the Combat tree and started going towards Riposte first.  You could go straight for precision and DW specialization if you want to do max damage, but I like the benefits of Riposte after playing most of my rogues on PVP servers.  Once I hit max level I'll move to full combat and get rid of the Assasination leveling stuff.

Also, that guide Nix just posted is pure gold.  Follow that and your leveling experience will be ten times easier if you don't mind being told what to do when you play:)

un4

Back when I was level 30, sub/assassination daggers was lethal.  I was running around dropping 3-4k crits on everything that moved.  No matter what build you go with, I'd recommend getting Malice (5/5) and imp. evis (3/3) ASAP.  The build you have now will be very good for boosting your survivability and your white DPS, but won't give you much extra in the way of new tricks.
un4

Jilinna

lol really?  :o...So im kinda torn right now between daggers and swords right now i am using [wowitem]Blackfang[/wowitem] as my main hand and [wowitem]Cruel Barb[/wowitem] as my off-hand..oo and can i ask a noobie question :P..wht is imp mean when u said
Quote from: un4given_one
link=topic=3293.msg22067#msg22067 date=1190842169
Malice (5/5) and imp. 
lol i know it means improved but there are tones of inmproved in the tree:P...and yes usonian ur right the
Quote from: Nixphire on September 26, 2007, 07:29:14 AM
http://www.wow-pro.com/node/599
is awsome..but u get bored after awhile of doing everything by the book:P..hehe but thts me:D

If someone would be kind enough to answer my noobie question tht would be great and thnx for the responses i really appreciate it =)
Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful.
-PLATO

un4

Splitting daggers/swords is fine.  I did that for a long time too.
Improved eviscerate is what I meant :)
un4

usonian

If all you are doing is SS and Eviscerate, then I would put the [wowitem]Cruel Barb[/wowitem] in your main hand and the [wowitem]Blackfang[/wowitem] in your off hand.  Since the sword is slower, it has a higher max damage and yields more from using SS.  The reason I use swords to level (at least in my main hand) is that there are more rare swords to be found than daggers and it seems like SS is gives you the most consistent high damage for grinding.  Swords like [wowitem]Sword of Serenity[/wowitem] and [wowitem]Vanquisher's Sword[/wowitem] can be had very easily from quests (especially if you have a guildie run you through the instances real quick ;)) and are some of the best weapons to be using in your 30's - 40's. 

Again, it all depends on how you like to play to get the most enjoyment out of the game so if you like being sneaky and backstabbing then use a dagger in your MH and go nuts.  If this is your first rogue then trying out the class is part of the fun, but some of us who have done the grind to 60-70 multiple times are to the point where we just want to level as fast as possible so we crunch the numbers, follow the guides and try to get it done with little hassle.  Just remember to enjoy yourself and we'll always be here to give you the 'most efficient' ideas when you want them :)

un4

I agree with the slower weapon with higher-end damage MH/fast weapon OH, but putting your dagger OH limits you to SS spam.  <3 Backstab/ambush.

Do you know about finishing move rotations, Jil?
un4

Jilinna

-PLATO

un4

un4

Belandand

From my experience, no one really cares about our dmg until the good stuff- heroics and raids. Ideally, you can do whatever you please until 60. At 60, I'd highly recommend switching to a viable raid spec just to get a feel for how the rotations are set up and what you can and can't get away with. For me, I didn't realize this till i WAS 70, and I was sub. from 1-70. I switched to a viable raid spec when I found out that one of the first guilds I was in would be raiding kara more frequently. Really, spec choice comes down to what you want to do as well as your guild's intentions. If you know that you're in a laid back guild that rarely raids, spec sub and pvp a bit (at least you're getting SOME epics). If they casually/hardcore raid, switch fully to a combat setup. I won't suggest mutilate because there are a handful of bosses that are poison immune. Why waste money shifting back and forth?