'kay, I'm pretty excited...

Started by fiere redfern, October 23, 2007, 12:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiere redfern

So, the Democratic presidential debates are being held at my college on October 30th. NBC's filming, Secret Services everywhere, the whole bit. Those of us who are "student employees" of Mandell Theater were told in an email that the organizers "might" be staffing the spill-over event using students, and if we wanted to, we were to submit some information so Secret Services could perform background checks on everyone.

Today, I got an email saying I'd been selected, and will be running the lighting for the event(!!!) Whether this means I'm designing, I don't know, since NBC's cameras will be there for the Q&A forum with Hillary and Barack after the actual debate, and lighting for television needs to be highly specialized, otherwise everyone just looks like ass (the 10-pound weight gain thing is kinda inevitable). But hell. I'm pretty giddy over here - gonna be trapped in a theatre complex from 6 in the evening until probably 1-2am on a Tuesday night with heavy security and snipers on the rooftops. Yeeeeee-haw!

Arcdelad

wow...thats great fiere...

do you get to ask any questions?

fiere redfern

I personally probably won't be allowed to since I'm "just" staff. The Drexel Democrats (did I hear anyone else cringe at the name?) club was looking into getting around 200 student tickets for sale, so I can probably bribe someone in the audience to ask my questions for me =)

...If not I'll just catch the candidates after the show!  :pumpk2:

Nixphire

Grats! What kind of sterilization do you have to do to pass their background check?  :pumpk6:

un4

Nice - wanna change the gels to a different color during a commercial break?  ]:D
un4

Drygioni

I'll give you 1000g if you get up and yell "BABA BOOEY, BABA BOOEY, BABA BOOEY!!!!!" over and over and over....

Air

Asking questions might be a bad idea!
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

fiere redfern

QuoteNice - wanna change the gels to a different color during a commercial break?

Depends on whether the candidates play nice or not, of course!  ]:D

QuoteI'll give you 1000g if you get up and yell "BABA BOOEY, BABA BOOEY, BABA BOOEY!!!!!" over and over and over....

Unfortunately, that'd be a bad idea - I'm being paid to be there after all... and free money > baba booey =P

and LOL, air - I'm going to have to tread lightly... hopefully my smart-mouth doesn't get me in TOO much trouble >.<

Gutboy

Cool! I had a friend who worked the lights once or twice back at Dartmouth when the debates came through there. One word of advice: don't reach into your back pocket for a wrench or whatever while they're out on stage - the security can be a mite touchy!

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

un4

...and the cameramen are very touchy about you reaching into your front pocket for something  ]:D
un4

JohnnieRat

Buts its the Hilary (The Hildabeast) and Barrack Osama.