A bit of praise...

Started by Shadowwolf, December 04, 2007, 10:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

I just thought I would thank everyone here again as I probably dont say it enough. Everyone here makes this guild a fun place to be and im glad to be a part of it.

We make good progress on anything we set our sights to, and so much so that I thought I would let you guys know that we are the 6th or 7th guild on the server to have successfully downed the Bear boss in ZA. The validity is a little sketchy as some of the tracking sites are all screwy with how they check the armory and give credit to kills as it doesnt account for guild hops and PUGs, but I do know we are below 10 somewhere for certain. I know this isnt a race, and we arent competing for server glory in firsts, but I think thats pretty damn noteworthy and we should be proud that we can accomplish such a feat being the casual guild that we are and not even trying to to boot.

I just want to say thank you to everyone here and keep up the excellent fun. There is truly nothing more invigorating than being a part of a guild first kill and even if you arent there to have participated in the actual battle, you still played a part by making this guild what it is.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Darkstar

I completely agree with you there shadow.  Thanks for letting me be a part of this great guild.  One reason that makes it enjoyable to play WoW is the players that i play it with, if not for that I'd have left the game once again  :oldschool_frosty:

As for the bear boss, wow did not realize that not many had downed him.  No worries thou, everything will come in due time.  I'd rather enjoy the game than rush towards end-game content,  :santa_smiley:

Rocknlock

Yes, excellent guild, punch and pie for everyone!

Shadowwolf

Hes pretty tough to take down. Most guilds who have tried walk in thinking its like another Kara without realizing that the bosses in ZA pick up at the difficulty level of Prince Malchezaar and Nightbane in Kara which arent easy by far. For us, now that we have done it many times, it feels somewhat easy on them, but when you think about the majority of guilds on the server at our level or close to our level is more accurate, many have not managed to completely clear all of the Kara bosses, so to walk into ZA thinking they can blow through easily turns out to be a bad science project.

We still hold a server record for MC with 24 non T1 people being able to take out the first MC boss on the first visit as a guild and first pull. Even though it was a little while ago, its still a feat no one else was able to duplicate pre-BC, especially since thats normally a 40 person raid.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Rocknlock

*sigh* i still want to experience the old end game stuff like mc, bwl, naxx and onyxia

kajunlady

YAY!! for guildies!!!!!!!!! congrats in all your victory!!!! :elf_smiley:   one day hopefully i will get my chance to help "maybe".... do you have to do them?

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

Shadowwolf

Ill try to re-work some old encounters into the schedule some more. The problem with places like BWL and Naxx is many of the boss encounters there are still tuned for numbers, so regardless of the increase in gear, spells and level, its still very difficult to pull off a kill on some with less than 40 people. Vael in BWL is a great example of this, its a DPS race not unlike Shade of Aran, but the difference is basically someone is guaranteed to die in the raid every 30 seconds. If you only have 25 people or so, your DPS/Tanks start to dwindle very very quickly.

Arcdelad

defiitely huge grats to everyone...this is a fantastic place to be....i know i am very lucky to have been on that Strat live run that introduced me to twilight...

i will keep posting ZA runs when I am not running kara...when lynn runs kara count on a ZA run from myself, unless there is a Gruuls or SSC or Mag's run that week...we certainly want to progress, but we dont want to raid everyday...i think were probably going to down the eagle boss next ZA (on the schedule for next week), so hopefully another guild first coming up!

Rocknlock

It would be pretty awesome just the same to attempt it. The first time we did gruuls was the biggest raid i've been in and it was just cool to be with that many members of my guild all at once. Then working as a team and everyone doin their roles was amazing to be a part of :)